Sign in to follow this  
JETPETER2

head shake badly needed or utility like we have had

desparately in need of Active Cam or XP realistic type of addon... suprised nobody has complained about this yet .... aircraft rattle, bounce, shake and vibrate on runway and touchdown... they are not stale and rock steady as in the sim (yet only XP11 simulates that anyway with XPRealistic)

• Like 2

I know people like this effect, my head rarely shake in real life. LOL

• Upvote 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I'd also like to see this added to MSF at some point, preferably as an Asobo built-in setting that could be turned on/off/adjusted. From what I gather, the SDK does not offer the kind of tools needed to pull this off yet from a developer's point of view.

Put me in the camp of thinking “head shake” as one of the most annoying and useless features ever conceived. But if you like it ... hey, you do you!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Chris

One of the first things I turn off, but to each his own.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

turn off? there is no effect to see with it being on.. please explain.... why you don't want any motion, vibration of panels, instruments touch down or anything? as a pilot with 10,000 hours in a flight deck, I'll tell ya how much rattling, vibrations, etc occur and the only way to simulate this is via some option that we don't have, without it the sim is stale and dead on touchdown! watch a youtube cockpit landing video and report back sometime... you will see how much noise, rattling, vibrations occur

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JETPETER2 said:

turn off? there is no effect to see with it being on.. please explain.... why you don't want any motion, vibration of panels, instruments touch down or anything? as a pilot with 10,000 hours in a flight deck, I'll tell ya how much rattling, vibrations, etc occur and the only way to simulate this is via some option that we don't have, without it the sim is stale and dead on touchdown! watch a youtube cockpit landing video and report back sometime... you will see how much noise, rattling, vibrations occur

I wouldn't bother trying to change someone's mind if they've already decided the "head shake" effects are unrealistic. They're just going to come back at you even firmer in their resolve. 😉 As long as we have the option in some form or fashion some day (so those who don't want it don't have to have it) I'm happy.

Edited by molleh

32 minutes ago, JETPETER2 said:

XP realistic

This!

• Like 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Just put Bose A20 headset and XP realistic become unrealistic LOL

30 minutes ago, JETPETER2 said:

Camera shake is in the options. Don't think it does anything sitting on the tarmac though.  I turn it off

Edited by joec63

Semper Fi 

18 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Just put Bose A20 headset and XP realistic become unrealistic LOL

huh?

1 hour ago, snglecoil said:

Put me in the camp of thinking “head shake” as one of the most annoying and useless features ever conceived. But if you like it ... hey, you do you!

Agreed. Some claim it is a reasonable reflection of what you see, but it is a camera effect, not a facsimile of the eyes, which adjust remarkably well to shakes and rattles unless they are extreme. I feel the same about camera apps that elegantly pan and zoom in on the next gauge/control/item in the cockpit (sorry flight deck). The human eye is very talented at almost instantly changing view and focus. Some of the effects are quite fun for a while but in the end you want something that is practical and quick.

• Like 3

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

2 hours ago, molleh said:

huh?

All cool sound effect from xprralistic you won’t hear them in ANR headset

1 hour ago, robert young said:

Agreed. Some claim it is a reasonable reflection of what you see, but it is a camera effect, not a facsimile of the eyes, which adjust remarkably well to shakes and rattles unless they are extreme. I feel the same about camera apps that elegantly pan and zoom in on the next gauge/control/item in the cockpit (sorry flight deck). The human eye is very talented at almost instantly changing view and focus. Some of the effects are quite fun for a while but in the end you want something that is practical and quick.

I put camera effects in the same category as sound effects that are sort of hyper-elevated so you can hear them in-sim when in real life you probably can't, especially while in flight, such as rotary knobs or FMS buttons. Even though it's technically not "realistic" to be hearing those sounds, it adds a lot of feedback to the player who's most likely just sitting in your average office chair at your average desk in front of an average monitor and average headphones or speakers. The camera effects are the same way, they amplify feedback in a way that "places" the player inside the sim.

Like I said in my previous post, I know arguing this is a complete waste of time, I'm just trying to state why so many people enjoy these types of effects and why products like EZdok and XPRealistic are very popular.

Edited by molleh

5 hours ago, JETPETER2 said:

Yes. All that you say is true.  But your head is not a camera on a fixed mount.  So yes, you get all sorts of motion, bumps and vibration, but your neck, head, and eyeballs manage it, so you can still keep solid focus (unless the bumps are really violent in which case you got other problems). Now, if someone makes a head motion effect that keeps your vision and eyepoint focused, while showing you the effects of the cockpit moving around you then I would be interested.  The choice is unrealistically sterile with no movement, or gimmicky unrealistic camera shake as an effect.  No real winner there, but I go with the steady over the dramatic.  

Edited by ShawnG
  • Like 2