Sign in to follow this  
JETPETER2

head shake badly needed or utility like we have had

7 hours ago, robert young said:

Some claim it is a reasonable reflection of what you see, but it is a camera effect, not a facsimile of the eyes, which adjust remarkably well to shakes and rattles unless they are extreme.

Absolutely! I spent most of my working life before retirement as a helicopter pilot and rarely, if ever, remember having vibration or turbulence so bad that it compromised my view out of the cockpit. There were many times that the instrument panel vibrated dramatically making the instruments difficult to read but this didn’t carry over to my view out of the cockpit. Having the outside view shaking dramatically is just not realistic. Your body, neck and eyes do a great job of stabilising things - unlike a cockpit camera, your eyes are not rigidly attached to the airframe. 

• Like 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I would like a head shake addon. Not for flight but the take off roll and touchdown.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

There were many times that the instrument panel vibrated dramatically making the instruments difficult to read but this didn’t carry over to my view out of the cockpit.

It's the same when you use camera tools like ezdok or Chaseplane. What is near to you seems to be shaking more. Your look at the outside world is not shaking (in fact it is but you don't see it). At takeoff roll the cockpit around you is shaking but your eyes can stay on the runway without any problems or awkward feeling. I'm a long time user of ezdok and am surely missing these effects. Without them everything seems unnaturally sterile.

Just my point of view, of course.

• Like 1

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

2 hours ago, sanh said:

I would like a head shake addon. Not for flight but the take off roll and touchdown.

So you want the effect rather than the realism?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I agree the "shake" visuals are lacking especially for ground roll and touchdown, it's not realistic enough. With addons such as ChasePlane one could fine tune the settings to make it so real.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I am glad we can now continue this two year old conversation about the lack of camera motion effects in MSFS. I am certain this topic is still relevant after all this time, as I cannot imagine that someone might have developed a camera motion effect addon for MSFS in any way, shape or form during the past two years... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Maybe Walter White could help with that head shake thing?

(that's a joke, btw)

Edited by andy1252
text
  • Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

1 hour ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

I agree the "shake" visuals are lacking especially for ground roll and touchdown, it's not realistic enough. With addons such as ChasePlane one could fine tune the settings to make it so real.

http://www.fsrealistic.com/

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Yes, FSRealistic is what you need

• Like 2

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

That is what I use and it really adds alot. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Head shake is great until you are trying to adjust a knob with your mouse and start zooming in and out inadvertently every time the view moves LOL...

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

6 minutes ago, psolk said:

Head shake is great until you are trying to adjust a knob with your mouse and start zooming in and out inadvertently every time the view moves LOL...

FSRealistic has also freeze function for mouse control during shake...

Edited by kt069
  • Like 2

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Just now, kt069 said:

FSRealistic has also freeze function for mouse control during shake...

Thank you for that, good to know!!  I'm really trying to keep add-ons to a minimum but I'm sure I'll give FSRealistic a go soon enough.  Very positive from what I've seen. 

Thank you for sharing, learned something new! 

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg