Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Just Fired up P3dV5 for the first time since installing MSFS

18 minutes ago, threegreen said:

How is it a mistake though? It's fair to compare MSFS to a fully addon-stuffed P3D installation to compare your P3D experience to the current MSFS experience. But it's just as valid to compare both simulators in their vanilla form to compare what either simulator gives you out of the box without any further investment.

Yes & No, most of us are not running default p3d, so we're unlikely to compare FS against the default in a value judgement. Then again comparing FS defaults vs top payware p3d models is pointless. 

Best for me is to enjoy both for what they have to offer, not married to either so it ain't cheating.

G

• Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, SAS443 said:

The game is happy to have at least six cores. That was deducted already in the alpha/beta (2 weeks...) programme and further confirmed by Tom's Hardware CPU guide.

Proclaiming that "MSFS can only use 4 cores" is again a just a misinformed statement. Do you even own  the game and have atleast taken your time to validate your thesis?

I use both sims for different reasons, and they both give me joy. Shoot me.

No, I do not own it as it has an SDK at the moment that is too simple to give support to Prosim ( and PMDG and FsLabs )

I wrote what others stated who do have the game. 
You really seem to have a problem with that. 

Relax a little : it’s only a game .....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 minutes ago, GSalden said:

You really seem to have a problem with that.

Yes when you use it in context with your other wild assumptions that performance in the game is poor and question weither complex airliners in the game is even possible. I mean what is that? the game has been out for 1 week and we have bystanders making the most outlandish claims. 

FSLabs got the magnificent A320 to work in FSX in 32bit environment. Let that sink in for awhile.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

P3D v4.5 for me when I want to use Vatsim and PMDG, as I do have it configured pretty dang good. Plus having states with megascenery earth helps when flying above them! But the immersion of MSFS is what keeps me going back over there. Sure the airliners need work but they are still enjoyable to fly some hauls with over the MSFS scenery and atmosphere. As for the GA, I find the x cub (if that’s what it’s called, away from home) pretty close to real life as being a pilot myself. And I’m also seeing all 8 cores on my i7-9700k being used, with the last core always pegged while the others are around 70-85%. It shouldn’t be one or the other with what we have with sims today, it should be whichever you’re in the mood for at the time. I’m mostly loving MSFS and embracing the future with it while being patient (Remember how many years it took us to get to where we are from FSX? I have a feeling MSFS won’t take near as long) but I’m also excited for the tfdi MD11 for P3D! Once PMDG and others land in MSFS, it’ll be a hugely different story. And for those who are worried about performance (myself included) PMDG stated their 737 is seeing no worse performance than default aircraft! 

Edited by pvupilot

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

27 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Yes when you use it in context with your other wild assumptions that performance in the game is poor and question weither complex airliners in the game is even possible. I mean what is that? the game has been out for 1 week and we have bystanders making the most outlandish claims. 

FSLabs got the magnificent A320 to work in FSX in 32bit environment. Let that sink in for awhile.

I understand that you are completely in love with MSFS , but get back with your feet on the ground instead of overreacting as a little child and feeling personally attacked.

You really have an attitude problem my friend...

And comparing the simple FSX flightsim to a sim that is as complicated as MSFS ;  sorry, I won’t waist my time responding to that. You should know better....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I think MSFS is going to be great in due time, and the scenery looks great. But I don’t particularly enjoy any of the default airliners. P3dv5, fully loaded, looks pretty darn good when you only fly tubeliners, and only in and out of quality payware airports. Certainly P3dv5 can’t really compete with MSFS default scenery, but as others have said, it starts to get a bit boring with only default jets. There is certainly nothing wrong with enjoying both sims depending upon what kind of flying you want to do. I’m sure as MSFS matures over time more folks will start to embrace MSFS. 

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

But it's just as valid to compare both simulators in their vanilla form to compare what either simulator gives you out of the box without any further investment.

That is true for "beginners" who have to choose their sim to start with. But its not true for the others and i think i don't go out on a limb when i say the big majority has upgraded their sim heavily.

So of course we compare it with our P3D installs. 

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

The big difference to MSFS is that Prepar3D is in fact a training software, not a game. And in my case, that is exactly what I want. Call me vain, but I like the notion that I am using the same software as student and professional pilots at flight schools, in university training programs, the Air Force, etc. This has actually inspired me to spend more time in my personal ground school, studying a variety of subjects ranging from Air Law to B737 Supplemental Procedures. A large part of that can very well be put into practice in P3D thanks to the excellent addons we have at our disposal today. None of them are going away, and many are still actively being improved upon. Next to P3D itself, of course. I am convinced I will have my fun with this simulator for a long time to come. 

Edited by thepilot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

Apparently I don't. The OP said his P3D experience was enjoyable after trying out MSFS. Some others said it was the opposite for them. What's the issue?

People are all different, maybe?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I‘ll use P3D V5 and MSFS parallel for the next time. MSFS for sure has overwhelming graphics and is definitely the Sim of the future. But for now I can’t stand the few details on the default airports, wrong fonts on signs, wrong region ground vehicles and missing complex simulation features. 
I tried the A320neo today but if you‘ve ever seen the FSL you notice so many wrong or missing things in just a few minutes of flight. That’s of cause understandable for a default plane, but that’s the thing: As long as there aren‘t complex airliner and scenery addons I can‘t motivate myself to use MSFS besides occasionally fun-Type VFR flights.

PS: The camera in MSFS is horrible, too. I hope Chaseplane will be available for MSFS, soon.

• Like 4

best regards, Mathias

7 hours ago, GSalden said:

I understand that you are completely in love with MSFS , but get back with your feet on the ground instead of overreacting as a little child and feeling personally attacked.

You really have an attitude problem my friend...

And comparing the simple FSX flightsim to a sim that is as complicated as MSFS ;  sorry, I won’t waist my time responding to that. You should know better....

that is fine.

Just continue spreading erronoeus claims about a platform you havent tested.

That is surely looking good on you. (hint: it's really not)

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

29 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

that is fine.

Just continue spreading erronoeus claims about a platform you havent tested.

That is surely looking good on you. (hint: it's really not)

I tested as ALPHA and BETA and now having the full release build also installed and tested.

I can clearly confirm @GSalden his notices! The performance is worse compared to P3DV5 and also there are a lot of stutters noticable.

In P3DV5 I have 30 to 45 FPS in my Stereo Mode HP Reverb with Windows WMR VR cranked up to 150% and 4xssaa in the sim. Also most sliders on the higher levels (a lot of them "right" sided")! That is what I call a good performaing sim! I  get this in MSFS without VR incl stutters!

I have a very decent system (GPU RTX Titan 24GB!) and regardless my Settings in MSFS (Ultra, High, Medium or Low) I am having stutters and often they are freezing my SIM for round about 10 to 15 seconds! After that the sim will go on again, but that is not normal. 

As a lot of MSFS Simmers are reporting this behaviour I am assuming that this is not a problem at my end. 

So maybe you should really let the people having their opinions and also "listen" to what they are writing. Or do you think your "vision" is the only one that counts? Do you really represent the whole MSFS Benchmark here? 

What about the ratings in the stores? Did you read them? Of course they are also complaining about installation issues. But not only.

Why don´t you "groom" the MSFS Forum, look over there....you will find a LOT of complains regarding performance and stutters.

I am NOT someone who is aiming to get the highest FPS. My goal is a stutter free sim. And if I am not getting this, with Low settings, there must be something not optimized yet.

See my specs for further informations about my rig.

Now please can we stop arguing and share opinions, use hints, gather infos and have a friendly community again? Really appreciated.

The forum is not about who is wright or wrong! But about sharing our hobby, experiences and helping each other! We ARE in one boat.

Regards Marcus

System specs

Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.31.35253

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 2004
Installed on 20200501
OS Build 19041.388
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Latest Nvidia Drivers

i9 10900K @ 5.0 Ghz | HT ON | 1.32V | AffinityMask=87381
Mainboard ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz Corsair Vengeance | 4x8GB
RTX Titan 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor using 4k
Custom Water Cooling | 2x 360MM | 1x 240MM Radiator
HP Reverb v2 VR HMD | Steam VR

Main Addons

ASP3D | 7514 Open Beta
ChasePlane | Via ORBX
FSReborn Prof.
GSX 2
FSUIPC6
AIGAIM | Latest Version
SODE | Latest Version
MultiCrewExperience | Latest Version
Airbus A330 | Latest Version
PMDG 747/748 | Latest Version
QW787 | Latest Version
FSLABS A320 | Latest Version
Navigraph Charts
ORBX Base
ORBX LC
ORBX TE NL
ORBX TE NCA
ORBX Regions
ORBX HD Buildings
ORBX HD Trees V1 & V2
REALTURB | All Continents
+200 Addon Aiports | via .xml method added

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

47 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

We ARE in one boat.

exactly. Hard to see when reading some poster's disdain towards a week old sim.

According to this  subforum MSFS is only able to see 4 cores and we can forget about payware airliners, it is simply not going to happen. 

MSFS has a long list of flaws, as a fellow tester you are surely aware of it. It was released premature. But we don't need P3D cheerleaders with their pom-poms stating forum problems as an absolute truth.

I see similar happening all the time with Xplane11 vs P3D and now with MSFS. Yes I fly all three platforms and enjoy them but for some gosh darn reason we have individuals who feel the need to berate on whatever platform for whatever the cause. 

• Upvote 1

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

19 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

According to this  subforum MSFS is only able to see 4 cores and we can forget about payware airliners, it is simply not going to happen. 

MSFS has a long list of flaws, as a fellow tester you are surely aware of it. It was released premature. But we don't need P3D cheerleaders with their pom-poms stating forum problems as an absolute truth.

I see similar happening all the time with Xplane11 vs P3D and now with MSFS. Yes I fly all three platforms and enjoy them but for some gosh darn reason we have individuals who feel the need to berate on whatever platform for whatever the cause. 

No one is raging against any sim. They are all sharing their views and opinions and NOTHING is wrong with that. 

If we need or if we don´t need any "pom-poms" isn´t up to you either. The only one, and that IS my opinion, who is heating up the forum, seems to be you with "firing against some forum members who are sharing their thoughts here, with or without having the MSFS sim installed. BUT it does NOT matter.

AND I am very happy with my smooth running and good performing P3D V5 simulator which is the only sim right now letting me simulate my tubeliner long haul flights within my HP reverb VR HMD without lots of problems and NO CTD! THAT earns my "pom-pom" 😉

Chill down, mind your words and be a little bit calmer. Express yourself a little bit smoother and no one has a problem with that.

My last 2 cents about this. I am off....

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

22 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

If you have an account for to official MS FS forum ( the MS one ) read the :

“An open letter to Microsoft”  thread 

Then come back again and tell us what you think.

MSFS is a new flightsim with a lot of issues and the sim has been rushed out way too soon. That it shows some eye candy does not justify all flaws, bugs and not working features. 

I am really surprised to read that you find those issues and errors normal for a sim that is a week old ...  A few flaws is normal but this is too much. 

That acceptance give developers the possibility to release half finished sims.

Btw : I am waiting for a lot of fixes first and compatibility with my home cockpit first and then I will buy it and try it ....

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2