Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Just Fired up P3dV5 for the first time since installing MSFS

32 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

I’m not a gamer. I use racing car simulators, some use train simulators, farming simulators and who knows what else simulators. 

But now all of a sudden, after years of Microsoft producing ‘flight simulators’, the latest Microsoft Flight ‘Simulator’ is now all of a sudden a game? 

Until I can shoot angry pink flying bunnies attacking me from the sky for points, it’s a simulator. 

No, at this moment MSFS is just a game and not a sim. 

If you can fly aircraft with complex systems that behave a little realistic so you can use it for education then you can call it a sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

If you can fly aircraft with complex systems that behave a little realistic so you can use it for education then you can call it a sim.

You need ‘complex systems’ for it to be a simulator? Oh my word. 

What you mean is you have no idea how to fly a VFR flight using dead reckoning. And simulate a flight. Don’t need ‘complex systems’ to do that. Nor to fly IFR. 

No autopilot and ‘fly my plane for me’ button and no go eh? 

• Like 6

With a honeycomb yoke and the 172, it felt pretty dang close to what I’m used to in real life. Saitek yoke made it more difficult to control. Not sure if that’s one reason there’s so many people experiencing different flying in sim.  

• Like 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Thanks Kyle I was looking for a review of someone who has used both Saitek and Honeycomb.  One thing I've always disliked about Saitek's is when turning steering it kind of catches.  If I put two hands on it and MAKE it turn smoothly it does, the yoke axis that is.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Thanks Kyle I was looking for a review of someone who has used both Saitek and Honeycomb.  One thing I've always disliked about Saitek's is when turning steering it kind of catches.  If I put two hands on it and MAKE it turn smoothly it does, the yoke axis that is.

World of difference when going to the honeycomb from the saitek! If anyone is going for realism (which is why we are into sims) then the honeycomb is the way to go. I can actually land a plane a lot like real life instead of over compensating like I had a problem doing with the saitek. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

After a W10 reinstall on my Left View client and reinstalling all needed addon apps + putting back my V5 backup today I am going to make a flight from Amsterdam to Nice ( updated a few days ago ) in EA mode now the mini sun has been fixed in HF2.

And if V5.1 will have a fully working EA I will be very satisfied 😀

Non EA mode :

Dusk%203.jpg

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Tried MSFS again after the patch but even with zero wind and zero gusts the Baron is all over the place, I can understand a single prop pulling to the side but a twin should not require big corrections at takeoff.

I also miss some of the small touches in P3D like power lines, radio masts and cranes.

• Like 2

Johan Pienaar

On 9/2/2020 at 1:31 PM, GSalden said:

I certainly can't attest to realism per se but my experience w/ the TBM930 seems realistic to me using the MODERN flight model, using cburnett's guidance on sensitivity setup w/ my saitek yoke.  I had a lovely flight from KHDN>KGCN and landed visually on 21.  I haven't tried ILS landings yet in MSFS but other systems in the plane seemed decent enough to certainly teach a lot off of, certainly not to a high level though.   I think more for sure than the default P3D planes, but I've only tried a few of those.  Autopilot seemed to function about as I would expect it to in the real world, but again I'm not a real pilot so speak with any authority.  I though turbulence was modeled believably too, but others more familiar are aware of its infidelities.  My hope is for Majestic Q400 to arrive in this environment.  If they can use a similar coding model which offloads some work off the main thread of MSFS it might be a good starting point for more complex planes.

I must say, MSFS is starting to grow on me more and more.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The GA planes in MSFS are MOSTLY fine right now, with some jank here and there, and a couple of specific planes that seem to have oft-cited problems.

On 8/25/2020 at 12:14 AM, GSalden said:

MSFS might be the sim of the future if they can manage all performance issues ...

And adding complex 3rd party airliners will tax the sim even more. At this moment we can see what is possible when flying slower GA aircraft ; all jetliners with glass cockpits show smooth gauges inside the cockpits but stutters in the outside view.

And that MSFS seems to use max 4 cores will not help much either. 

There is no such thing as a free ride...

I agree with most of your comments. I run a 9900KS and see all cores being used well in MSFS so I’m not sure about this 4 core limit. Still like the study level capabilities of P3D but the breath taking scenery for GA flying in MSFS is amazing and my system Vsync’d to 30Hz runs butter smooth, I’m one of the lucky ones.

Joe

• Like 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, joepoway said:

I agree with most of your comments. I run a 9900KS and see all cores being used well in MSFS so I’m not sure about this 4 core limit. Still like the study level capabilities of P3D but the breath taking scenery for GA flying in MSFS is amazing and my system Vsync’d to 30Hz runs butter smooth, I’m one of the lucky ones.

Joe

Ditto, exactly

Noel

3 weeks ago MSFS 95%  P3D V5 5% , today P3D V5 95% MSFS 5% what happend!!

Iam getting bored to fly GA , i understand how much i really liked the FSL 3XX , PMDG suite , MJC Q400 , Milvz 350i , Aviaworks FMC and lot of other small things.

my thougts , MSFS not ready yet lot of bugs and the Standard of the airliners noting for me, gone take some time for me atleast to PMDG or CRJ before i fly up to 30% of my sim time in MFS.

Ok the deafault aricrafts is better then P3D , but i dont fly them in P3D 

the handcrafted Airports is OK the other not much better then default P3D, and i dont fly to default P3D airports.

Edited by westman
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Same thing with me. The vfr has worn off. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

8 minutes ago, westman said:

3 weeks ago MSFS 95%  P3D V5 5% , today P3D V5 95% MSFS 5% what happend!!

What are these percentages, and where are they coming from? lol

29 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

What are these percentages, and where are they coming from? lol

Pretty sure that’s percent usage by simulator. Ie he is saying that the fun of msfs has worn off due to lack of quality ifr airplanes 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next