Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Pan Rate change for MSFS2020.

Hello all,

I posed this question on another topic regarding a usb pan switch.

During set up, which I, personally have found to be a nightmare, with rewards comensurate with the amount of frustration, work and figuring it all out, I note that the pan speed is relative to the reflexes of a startled gazzelle. 

I posed a query on how to slow that down and then found my answer in camera.cfg (located in .. Drive letter/WpSystem/s-......../AppData/Local/Packages/MicrosoftFlightSimulator/local Cache/CAMERAS.CFG) Please note that this depends on where you install the sim and some paths will differ. I scrolled down to the PitchPanRate and changed that (eventually) from 30 to 1 and also changed the HeadingPanRate from 75 to 2. It does in fact, change the pan rate but it is still incredibly fast. 

Are there any other ways to slow down the pan rate for the cockpit, external and the drone cameras? 

Regards

Tony

PS. I have to say that setting up the controls to my satisfaction has been a long, frustrating but rewarding experience and a lot of my initial negativity has been turned around remarkably.  I am really starting to enjoy this sim which is a little different to what I have stated previously. ie I will leave this sim alone and just get back to it to see if it has sorted itself out.  As stated above, it does not really need a lot of sorting out .... basically, it is all there ... we just have to nut it out to make it work.

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

This might or might not be what you're looking for. 2nd picture in the red rectangle.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Twenty6,

Mate, I saw that in a previous post and spent the best part of an hour setting it up and then deleting the 3 or 4 duplicated mappings on cockpit, external and drone cameras.  I then had to map a "toggle Cockpit camera" and similar toggles for external and drone cameras. That screenshot, has proved the most effective mapping modification I have come across. It was brilliant.

However, it does not address the pitch pan or heading pan rates, which are incredibly rapid and require the responses of a racing car driver to stop the camera where one wants it to stop. In P3D the camera config file is where you can change the pan rate and the same applies to MSFS (in P3D I changed it from 30 to 10 and from 75 to 25 which slowed it down to what I wanted)  Doing that, did not change much in MSFS so I incrementally changed it to the figures above, 1 and 2 respectively, using the suck it and see method. It is still far too fast but it is better ie slower.

What I seek is an alternative or an additional way in which to slow the pan rate down.

Thank you for your response.

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

There's a speed option in the camera settings under "General"

There's another under the camera icon in the drop down (triangle menu)

Give those a try.

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

smoothchat,

WOW, so simple and so effective.  I changed them all from 50 to 10 and it is just right.

Thank you mate, so very much.  Almost a game changer LOL

Tony

Tony Chilcott.