Sign in to follow this  
JustanotherPilot

Which Graphics setting to sharpen text on PFD ND and Radios

I've pretty much found the right settings for my GPU/CPU/system whereby I'm getting a consistent 30/40fps with no stutters in the Airliners, higher in the GA aircraft The scenery in VFR/IFR is what I'm after. Most settings are Ultra/High. Having said this, the PFD/ND and radio frequency digits could be sharper and more pronounced. Can some point me to which graphics settings I should tweak to achieve this.

Steve

steve southey

What are you anti-aliasing settings? TAA made the biggest difference to the readability of the displays for me.

Hello Steve, if you are using a NVIDIA graphics card with the latest driver, the NVIDIA Freestyle feature may come in handy, it lets you apply filters in your games one of them being sharpening, by default the hotkey to it is ALT+F3, you can then add selected filters, in your case "Sharpening", and tweak it to your liking, hope it helps.

Nvidia has a image sharping filter in the control panel

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

2 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Thanks everyone, I'll try all of these suggestions.

There are definitely sharpening options, but in-sim, you can use resolution and render scale to balance it out so you get good readability. For me it was either oversampling 1440p to 120% or undersampling 4k to 70% that give me a balance between GPU performance and PFD/MFD readability.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT