Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Updated CJ4 Performance - Updated engines.cfg

3 hours ago, FNAL said:

Here is a video on the current FMC progress we have going right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3YzAAaM2dg

Fricken insane!  You guys are amazing!  Wooo!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

When's the next release? 😄

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

When's the next release? 😄

Yeah lol!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This is truly an awesome project guys !  Thanks to all for everything ! 👍 

WAT1460.png

Is there any effort in making DME appearring in CJ4? I failed to find a reference to it in this thread.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

I installed this mod.  No problem climbing to FL 35 with full fuel.  Used FLC at 200 kts and sustained at least 1500 FPM all the way up.  Right now at FL 35, showing 439 TAS on 85% power.  Fuel consumption looks much more reasonable.  So far so good!

Joe Alferio

• i9-9900K + 2080 Ti | 1TB PCIe + 32GB RAM.  Dell 24 inch monitor.  Thrust master T16000 stick, throttles, and pedals.
    FSX and MSFS.

I installed the mod at the community folder which my A32N mod is working.

The fuel consumption seems improved, looking at 1300PPH at full power, the thrust seems lower

but I still got the annoying cabin warning at FL430. Did I did something wrong?

Releases are pretty much ongoing on our github.  We are probably gonna start a new thread where that will be hosted with updates but not quite sure yet.  The thrust is lower, it was much too high default and the aircraft doesn't even pressurize right now (I assume Asobo never even got to this feature).  I think there is a change that can be made in one file to delete that warning message until changes can be made.

13 minutes ago, FNAL said:

Releases are pretty much ongoing on our github.  We are probably gonna start a new thread where that will be hosted with updates but not quite sure yet.  The thrust is lower, it was much too high default and the aircraft doesn't even pressurize right now (I assume Asobo never even got to this feature).  I think there is a change that can be made in one file to delete that warning message until changes can be made.

Can you share the github repo link?

Cheers :)

N.-

On 9/9/2020 at 7:27 AM, FNAL said:

Looking forward to it.

Just as an update here, there's a lot of work ongoing and right now we're also considering the impact of what looks to be a fairly significant patch coming from Asobo probably by the end of next week. We are, roughly, breaking work into three categories:

1) FMC - this work is the focus right now and our goal is to model the entirety of the FMC. We are probably 50% done with this work - most of the pages have been templated and many have been populated with real data/interface. However, there are many aspects of this that interact with the flight plan module and default avionics capabilities of the sim, so these are all at high risk of requiring adjustments after the Asobo update, and we need to also consider the impact of Navigraph data on the FMS, which is in beta as well. While you can always pull pieces of our work from Github, we haven't built a zipped-up user friendly release and are unlikely to do so until after the update from Asobo.

2) Panels and Related Features -  we have done some minimal work here, including fixing the data bars at the bottom of the PFD/MFD, but there is a tremendous amount of work here to be done with the maps, displayed data and even the formatting/usability of the PFD/MFD. This work will likely become our primary focus after we wrap the FMC, and would constitute a follow-on release after the initial FMC release.

3) Flight Dynamics and Engine Performance - this area is likely to be the last focus area for us. We have tweaked the performance a bit already, to get the plane into the realm of reality, but there's much to be improved still. The major limiting factor here is that there are a variety of new performance parameters and values in the engines.cfg file. These are different/new from the old ESP/FSX parameters and are as-yet undefined in the SDK documentation. It is for this reason we've focused on the FMC and Panels first, in the hopes that in the next few weeks we might see additional documentation from Asobo.

As FNAL said, we will create a new thread when we put out our first release and use that to track the broader mod at that time, but in the meantime, you're welcome to keep an eye on our mods at our Github - and that's where you can get the G1000 mod, which is also under ongoing development, but does have a release ZIP package.

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

14 hours ago, cwburnett said:

Just as an update here...

Thanks for the update @cwburnett and your work. Much appreciated!

Just a thought from my side. I think it is better with small improvements released frequently than large updates which often gets delayed and takes long time to get perfect. If some small and simple things are fixed and released we can enjoy those things as we wait on other improvements.

Keep up the good work! 

• Like 1