Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Updated CJ4 Performance - Updated engines.cfg

43 minutes ago, kiki said:

I deleted the update and had the the original files stored elsewhere. First I thought I did install the files to wrong folder (Official, not Community) but that was not the reason. Are you sure you have not done that mistake? 

30 minutes ago, tangerine said:

I installed the files on the community folder, and the CJ4 has always been on the Official Folder.

Not sure if there's anyway to recover those files, instead of reinstalling the whole sim.

Just to be sure, this add on - and really all add ons - should not ever touch the original files. The original files must remain as they are in the Official folder. These mods, as with most mods, get layered on top of the default aircraft by MSFS internally in the sim's virtual file system and don't work without a full and complete version of the default aircraft.

So, when you 'install' all you really do is take the downloaded folder and put it in the root of your Community folder, MSFS does the rest in the background. Be wary of any add-on that asks you to touch anything in your Official folder. Adding the mod to the Community folder will then update the default aircraft with the changes included in the mod.

So, to be super clear, no files should be overwritten, no default files should be changed or moved in any way, so adding the mod is as simple as dragging the downloaded folder into your Community folder, and removing the mod is as simple as dragging the mod folder(s) out of the Community folder.

When we release the official CJ4 package, we'll have detailed instructions, as there already are for the G1000 mod.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

6 hours ago, cwburnett said:

Just to be sure, this add on - and really all add ons - should not ever touch the original files. The original files must remain as they are in the Official folder. These mods, as with most mods, get layered on top of the default aircraft by MSFS internally in the sim's virtual file system and don't work without a full and complete version of the default aircraft.

So, when you 'install' all you really do is take the downloaded folder and put it in the root of your Community folder, MSFS does the rest in the background. Be wary of any add-on that asks you to touch anything in your Official folder. Adding the mod to the Community folder will then update the default aircraft with the changes included in the mod.

So, to be super clear, no files should be overwritten, no default files should be changed or moved in any way, so adding the mod is as simple as dragging the downloaded folder into your Community folder, and removing the mod is as simple as dragging the mod folder(s) out of the Community folder.

When we release the official CJ4 package, we'll have detailed instructions, as there already are for the G1000 mod.

Hope that helps!

Thx for your response. But as far as i understand this mod involves to touch the Official Folder which has the original files (First Post) 

To install, first shut down the sim. Then you will need to find the "Official" folder where you pointed MSFS to install the 90GB of downloaded content when you first ran MSFS.

. Even tho i backed up everything. Something weird made my CJ4 unusable ...by unusable i mean never had the chance to choose it again from the game.

@tangerine The Mod from the first post with the folder "cwburnett-cj4" has to be copied to the community folder, the official folder should never be touched. And when you remove it from the community folder, everything should be back to normal.

Edited by DAL521
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tangerine said:

Thx for your response. But as far as i understand this mod involves to touch the Official Folder which has the original files (First Post) 

. Even tho i backed up everything. Something weird made my CJ4 unusable ...by unusable i mean never had the chance to choose it again from the game.

Yes sorry, it isn't clear because I updated this and the instructions are on the second page. I can't edit the first post. This does not go in the official folder. Find my updated instructions on the second page.

@cwburnett I'm really glad you are working on this project as it's the only jet I currently have in the sim that I would want to use if it handled correctly and felt nice, so kudos for the attempt and I hope you are pleased with the outcome once you are done.

I have one question... for the first time, I loaded up the default CJ (have not yet installed your mod files). The very first thing that stuck out at me as a glaring issue was just how "floaty" and light it felt during taxi. I don't know if you intend on working with the flight dynamics and behaviors but if so, if you could find a way to make it feel more weighty on the ground and maybe a tiny bit of spring compression on the front strut that would be a very welcome change 🙂

1 hour ago, hangar said:

I have one question... for the first time, I loaded up the default CJ (have not yet installed your mod files). The very first thing that stuck out at me as a glaring issue was just how "floaty" and light it felt during taxi. I don't know if you intend on working with the flight dynamics and behaviors but if so, if you could find a way to make it feel more weighty on the ground and maybe a tiny bit of spring compression on the front strut that would be a very welcome change 🙂

Thanks for the feedback, and yes, we have flight model and engine mods on the list. FNAL has many hours in the CJ4, so when we get to dynamics and engines, he'll help make sure we get it as close as we can within the capabilities of the sim and, of course, our coding capabilities, lol... Here's the big-ish-picture of what we're working on in what order, accepting that the Asobo patch this week (or in the future) could upend some of our efforts if we have to adjust for changed base code:

Slow, but steady, progress is being made on the FMC and I still want to get to a point soon where we can easily define a beta build and give you guys access to that - right now, it's still a little too disorganized to easily do that, but we're working on it.

Thanks!

• Like 4

Has anyone noticed this aircraft has reverse?  Anyway to change it so you can't go reverse by accident. I have done it a few times now. 

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

1 hour ago, Ryanmlt1 said:

Has anyone noticed this aircraft has reverse?  Anyway to change it so you can't go reverse by accident. I have done it a few times now. 

Yea, this is one of the things that we fixed, will be in the beta release coming soon to a github repo near you...

• Like 1

Here's a sneak peek at the change log for the upcoming beta release of our CJ4 mod:

Key Features:
-Fixed Direct To routing when attempting to go direct to IAF
-Fixed LEGS page listing to include all flight plan and approach waypoints
-Added PERF pages and functions, including takeoff, landing and fuel management
-Added IDX pages and functions, including progress pages, approach details
-Fixed PFD and MFD NAV BAR details
-Adjusted engine performance and fuel flow to more closely reflect reality (much more work to be done)
-Removed reverse thrust
-Eliminated erroneous cabin pressure alarms (will need to be remodeled later)

In Direct To Page:
1. Adjusted waypoint listing to show origin, departure, enroute, arrival and first approach fix
2. Added proper handling for activating a direct to the IAF in an approach without causing the plane to fly back to a prior fix and auto activating the approach from present position.

In LEGS Page:
1. Fixed errors in display of flight plan waypoints
2. Added approach waypoints to legs listing

In IDX/InitRefIndexPage:
1. Status Page - shows database, time, date 
2. GNSS Pos Page - shows current GPS Lat/Lon, date, time
3. PROG Page 1 - shows last, current, next and destination waypoints, distance in flight plan from current location and ETE
4. PROG Page 2 - shows current wind, headwind component, tailwind component, ISA DEV, flight plan cross track deviation and TAS
5. Database Initial Page now allows selecting waypoint from database
6. Database Airport Page now displays base data for any selected airport
7. Arrival Data Page now displays the selected approach airport, runway, runway elevation, approach type, approach name, frequency and approach course. 

In PERF/PerfInitPage:
1. Added Main Menu
2. Added Perf Init Page to set/read weight, fuel and cruise altitude
3. Added Takeoff Ref page 1 with working calculator for takeoff data for the selected departure runway, including wind, pressure altitude, runway condition, runway length
4. Added Takeoff Ref page 2 with calculated V speeds and calculated takeoff distance, including selectors for Flaps and Anti Ice state.
5. Added Fuel Management page 1 calculating fuel remaining, displaying fuel flow, allowing setting of reserve fuel, showing endurance, range and endurance to reserve fuel and specific range.
6. Added Fuel Management page 2 showing fuel flow in each engine and fuel burned, with added 'reset initial fuel' button
7. Added Approach Ref page 1 with destination details, runway details and landing performance calculator, including headwind/crosswind components, runway condition, pressure altitude and temperature variables.
8. Added Approach Ref page 2 with calculated Vref and Vapp speeds and calculated landing field requirements and landing field available length.

In TUN Page:
1. Updated layout and fields

In FPLN Page:
1. Updated layout and fields

In DSPL MENU Page:
1. Updated layout and established template (to do)

In MFD ADV Page:
1. Updated layout and established template (to do)

In PFD:
1. Removed erroneous display of GS/TAS from PFD Map
2. Fixed NAV BAR at bottom of PDF to display current accurate COM1 COM2 ATC1 RAT and UTC

In MFD:
1. Removed erroneous display of GS/TAS from MFD Map
2. Fixed NAV BAR at bottom of MFD to display current accurate GS TAS RAT SAT and ISA DEV

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

2. Added proper handling for activating a direct to the IAF in an approach without causing the plane to fly back to a prior fix and auto activating the approach from present position.

OMG did we ever need this!   great work!!!

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

7 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I just tested a modification to the G1000 to solve the same problem activating an approach. If it tests okay for the next day with a couple other folks, we'll roll it into our G1000 mod.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Yep, and thanks to @cwburnett's effort the same should be coming to the next version of our G1000 mod. 😄  

(And readily adapted to the other Garmin units, too.)

Edit:  Oops, looks like he beat me to it.   That's what I get for not refreshing the page before I post!

Edited by kaosfere
I'm a dummy.
  • Like 2

Since we've been keeping you all waiting for so long, here's another quick teaser.... We had a couple people join the Working Title team to help out with projects. DGA is the author of the Web UI Dev Kit that many of us have been using (the 320NX team also) to debug javascript/html/css panels. Without his tool, these mods are nearly impossible. Well, here's a quick sneak peak of something he did for the project last night that just really made me happy!

mEskX17.png

That's right - we got the keyboards all lit up at night! This one was making me crazy!

In the meantime, we got through a code review this evening and had seven files from the Asobo update that impacted us. We've made adjustments and have just three items left on our to do list before we do our first beta release of the Working Title CJ4. It is my sincere hope that I will have those three items completed tomorrow, will get others on the team to review the code and then a few of us will test it out and then put it in your hands.

Our resident CJ4 pilot submitted a list of 30 items that still need to be implemented on the FMS alone, before we even get to other systems, so there's SO much more to do to make this thing true-to-life, but this initial release will have a lot of quality of life updates for daily operations.

In the meantime, enjoy that sweet night time pic of the FMS!

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

On 9/14/2020 at 8:37 PM, cwburnett said:

I just tested a modification to the G1000 to solve the same problem activating an approach. If it tests okay for the next day with a couple other folks, we'll roll it into our G1000 mod.

Just downloaded the G1000 V2 improved (https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/download/g1000-v0.2.1/workingtitle-g1000-v0.2.1.zip)

Is that separate from yours? Should I install or wait?

Edited by Flyfaster

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.