Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Updated CJ4 Performance - Updated engines.cfg

5 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Yup that's it.

To clarify, that's the current version of our G1000, updated tonight for the Asobo update.   It does not have the new AP logic in it yet; that will be coming out in an upcoming release hopefully within the next week or so.  I have one more major feature I want to finish and we will hopefully also be able to incorporate some graphical updates from another new compatriot, too. 😄

• Like 2

Also, that night time picture is LIT.   Both literally and figuratively.

On 8/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, cwburnett said:

I will provide an update as to how this package is impacted by any impending update from Asobo.

I am still working on more accurate fuel flow.

Please let me know if you have any problems or questions.

Anyone else find that the engine performance after 1.8.3 update is applied seems to wander back to the overpowered engines that overtemp easily with this mod applied? I guess we should remove this from the community folder until the bigger mod is released?

Edited by KenG
typo

3 minutes ago, KenG said:

Anyone else find that the engine performance after 1.8.3 update is applied seems to wander back to the overpowered engines that overtemp easily with this mod applied? I guess we should remove this from the community folder until the bigged mod is released?

Yes,  observed the exact performance change !  My first flight with the CJ4 (I had NOT remove the CJ4 mod from Community folder) resulted in take off with immediate ITT warnings and the aircraft was over speeding in about 20 seconds after LIFTOFF !

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

On 8/25/2020 at 1:36 AM, cwburnett said:

I would like to figure out how to do this in the community folder, but haven't even begun to figure that out. Maybe I will, maybe I wont...we'll see.

Has anyone figured this out yet? I lost all my customizations with the update (things like tail numbers, etc), so I'd like to be able to customize these Asobo planes via the community folder, which I assume would survive updates.

1 hour ago, Keto Ketchup said:

Has anyone figured this out yet? I lost all my customizations with the update (things like tail numbers, etc), so I'd like to be able to customize these Asobo planes via the community folder, which I assume would survive updates.

Yes, as of page 2 of this thread, the mod has been in the community folder.

The big however is that we specifically don't include aircraft.cfg in the mod, which is where tail numbers are saved, so that people can also add a livery package without it conflicting with our mod. So, if you have a livery package for the CJ4, then you can make changes to the tail numbers in that aircraft.cfg and they will be persistent across updates. 

If you don't use a livery package, then you can either save the aircraft.cfg that you modified in the official folder and replace the values you want after any Asobo update, OR you could add aircraft.cfg to our package and then modify the layout.json file, but that's kinda a pain - it may be more trouble than it's worth.

The reality is that for a while at least, as long as Asobo is making updates that change core underlying files, all of these Community add-ons will likely have to be updated for each patch. While that's irritating, it is just a reality when they're making such pervasive changes across so many files.

We ran a diff on the Asobo Official files before and after this recent update; there were over 11,000 files that changed in some way during this update. That's a lot of changes, even if many of them were trivial, it is important that each mod incorporates those changes into all of their code. For us it just took a few hours of work to make that happen, but I'm sure not every mod out there did that. My guess is that many people still have mods in their Community folder that have not incorporated these code changes and that could potentially spell trouble for them down the road in the form of crashes, performance or errors.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

18 hours ago, cwburnett said:

Yes, as of page 2 of this thread, the mod has been in the community folder.

Thanks! Yours is the first mod I've installed into the community folder, so I reverse engineered your various files (manifest, layout, etc) to figure out how to do my own customizations - basic stuff like tail numbers. I can see someday making a small script to automate the generation and updating of these files.

1 hour ago, Keto Ketchup said:

Thanks! Yours is the first mod I've installed into the community folder, so I reverse engineered your various files (manifest, layout, etc) to figure out how to do my own customizations - basic stuff like tail numbers. I can see someday making a small script to automate the generation and updating of these files.

There are a number of them floating around of varying quality.   The one used by the A320 folks is pretty simple and solid.

https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/blob/master/A32NX/build.py

• Like 1

I can't wait until you guys put CJ-4 together. For me it's the most anticipated mod for MSFS at the moment!

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

11 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I can't wait until you guys put CJ-4 together. For me it's the most anticipated mod for MSFS at the moment!

So close. Fought all day yesterday getting vspeed and AoA logic working on the PFD (they appear on the PFD in magenta if set by FMS or cyan if set manually and it was kicking my butt. Now just a few cleanup items on the FMS....soooo close.....

• Like 7

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

So close. Fought all day yesterday getting vspeed and AoA logic working on the PFD (they appear on the PFD in magenta if set by FMS or cyan if set manually and it was kicking my butt. Now just a few cleanup items on the FMS....soooo close.....

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages6.fanpop.com%2Fima

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cwburnett said:

906ad9a5dc4ed6ee65fd1b03d63e1663.gif

Weird Cessna Citation question to all of you following this, as am I, how do you change the map range on the Garmins?

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

11 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Weird Cessna Citation question to all of you following this, as am I, how do you change the map range on the Garmins?

Lee

On the G1000 there is a knob with the headline "range" it's underneath CRS & BARO

Edited by DAL521
  • Like 1

Another little teaser.... we had another member of the Working Title group handmake the ProLine21 font.  Here is a side by side comparison.  Unfortunately, the font won't be in for this first beta release.  We have 1 bug to fix with the EXEC button and we'd like to publish a beta version this evening.  Here is a preview of the font:

5zcBts7.png

Edited by FNAL
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1