Sign in to follow this  
PeterR

New to the new forums

Greetings all,

Although I've been a member of AVSIM since 2002, I've been away for over a decade. I still can't believe it's been that long. So, I thought I'd start here and say hello as I'm sure a lot has changed, not just the forum software.

I was thinking about all my old hardware the other day that used analog joystick ports, the PS/2 keyboard connector, and serial ports to interface with FU2, FU3, FS9 and FS X, and boy did I feel outdated. It's a good time to be back in the simming world, though, with FS2020 especially for bush flying. The virtual world is so much more conducive to flying low and slow, now.

Since it's been so long, I'm not sure how many of the founders or pilots from BFU are still around, or if anyone still remembers it. It'll be fun rediscovering the AVSIM community and seeing what has and hasn't changed.

Keep the blue side up!

Peter

Edited by PeterR
  • Like 2

Welcome back. 🙂

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 8/25/2020 at 4:24 PM, PeterR said:

The virtual world is so much more conducive to flying low and slow, now.

peter

indeed it seems ...... most of the aggro about FS20 you may read is by "twirps" like me who can't "fly" low & slow.

but enjoy whichever

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

Welcome back to Avsim!

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thanks for the welcome, Chock and stans!

No worries, vadriver. FS2020 definitely has kinks in it. But prior versions had their growing pains, too.

Hi PeterR

I used to fly using the BFU livery :)  Did quite a few flights from our base all over northern Washington and Ketchikan, and up to the hand made strips that one of the members made.  Still remember how novel it was to see huts with smoke coming out the chimneys.  We had to make up a scenario for a flight after we'd flown a mission so there was always plenty to choose from.  Happy days!  I've just finished a flight in msfs from Skagway to Whitehorse and it is visually stunning, but not sure it has the 'charm' of the old sim. Has the old forum been discarded?  I was looking to find some of the old places we'd use to hunt them down in the new sim and see what they look like but couldn't find BFU listed.  

Hope you're keeping well.

Duke_sc