Sign in to follow this  
bobhnat

Cannot throttle to full power

I can only get about 80% power in my C172.  I have calibrated both my Logitech Extreme and VirtualFly TQ6+.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

MSFS 2020 Store and Steam

Windows 10

I had an issue while trying the lessons where the tutor said to push the throttle to 100% and it just wouldn't go, but in my case (CH throttle quadrant) it went 99%. I had to use the virtual cockpit to move it the last bit to make the lesson move on.

Overall the code for throttle controls needs a lot of additional features. We need to be able to set the limits of both ends and to set detent points, etc. FSUIPC (nothing against Pete) should not be a needed tool, but appears it will be once again. We finally got this level of support in X-Plane in v11. Hopefully it doesn't take 11 versions to get there in this.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

32 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

in my case (CH throttle quadrant) it went 99%.

Make sure any null zone you have on any slider is set to zero.  A null zone of one will cause you to get a range of 1-99, not 0-100.  Check CH Control Manager.

I found out the hard way when I couldn't the brakes to fully release in the Manfred Jahn C-17 and the brakes would squeak all the time. After setting a null zone of zero, the squeak went away.  It that case it was a null zone set in P3D.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Not really a fix but a workaround, you can hold down the F3 key and the engine should go to full power.

Nothing worked until I disconnected my Honeycomb Yoke.  Once I did that the RPMs zoomed up to full power.  I am flying again!!!!!

Now I have to work on my Honeycomb problem.

Thanks everyone for your input.  See you in the skies!

Two controllers conflicting

remove the double throttle binding you dont use or disable the controller temporarily, no need to disconnect 

4 minutes ago, Gomoto said:

Two controllers conflicting

remove the double throttle binding you dont use or disable the controller temporarily, no need to disconnect 

That was exactly case with me initially. Gotta reset ad remap all controls. Asobo allows to have dual assignments. To me if you change assignment previous assignment must be automatically deleted!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI