Sign in to follow this  
chass32

RXP GTN 750/650 and GNS 530/430 for FS2020

Hi,

I'm sorry for the unfortunate delay and absence for a few weeks on the forum. Hopefully nothing dramatic pandemic related (finger crossed), well at least not directly related but without entering in more details, enough related to be overwhelmed with too much to handle at the same time.

We're still awaiting for minimal SDK support and although their developers are really committed to the success of the simulator and 3rd party vendors, like we all are, please understand "changes in the SDK to make it more flexible for developers" concerns only a couple few for now...

• Like 4

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean-Luc,

Good to see you back and I hope you can get what you need from the developers soon, so we can have the GTN on MSFS.

Best regards.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

13 minutes ago, mmoosburger said:

Is there any news on the topic from RXP

Two posts back.. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

I just want to say I’m glad there is a collaboration in place between Asobo and Aerosoft. I believe in engaging proactively with 3rd party developers, we'll get a better chance contributing altogether to the success of the simulator for our customers. Nevertheless I can’t help wondering how much such collaboration, with only a select few, is truly representative of the broader 3rd party vendors needs. In effect, despite someone commenting that since Asobo is working with Aerosoft in defining the SDK, this must be right for all the 500 other 3rd party developers, I'm certain they don't know what makes our products feasible, let alone how we're delivering the most optimized implementations in graphics and systems. In effect this approach to helping a single 3rd party vendor defining the SDK is raising a few questions:

• What about the other needs Asobo/Aerosoft never thought of?
  • What about functions Asobo/Aerosoft didn’t planned nor needed to implement for their aircraft?
  • What about any other capability they didn’t dreamt of but are the bread and butter of most 3rd party creativity?
  • What about specific SDK bugs inherited since FS8 at least, which most of us know for decades and use workarounds in hacking FS?
  • What about bugs we know for decades developing products for Flight Simulator, like the 10deg increment bug documented since 2004 at the avsim forum to just name this one, and which Asobo/Aerosoft might have no clue at all?
  • What about SDK requests which are primary meant to serve the immediate needs to fill the Market Place for one vendor, and creating technical debt preventing future growth for others?

I strongly believe Aerosoft feedback and collaboration is important and fruitful because it gives Asobo first-hand know-how to the entire process of building an aircraft for F2020. Aerosoft is providing invaluable first-hand experience so that in turn, Asobo is getting a total overview and detailed comprehension of the process through which 3rd party developers are going through in making a complete aircraft. This alone will benefit any single 3rd party vendor. However this also raises the question whether they are addressing the question of making the SDK better, and for which kind of add-on, or is it only addressing the question of making the process easier for aircraft vendors.

In effect, most 3rd party products can't be implemented beyond consuming what the SDK is offering as-is. This has always been this way because the FS SDK was never meant to supporting 3rd party devs, it was only meant to supporting the internal development of the default aircraft included in the simulator. This might be the first time in the history of the FS franchise such collaboration is put in place with a formal acknowledgement and I can't wait to see what this will change for our community.

On the other hand there are lower level flaws in the gauges SDK which are easy to overcome and would benefit every 3rd party developers, but there are also limitations by design which are impairing creativity and preventing 3rd party add-ons like Reality XP's products (this is not a WASM problem). I believe Reality XP expertise in the field of gauges development and simulator add-ons is both unique and complementary, and this is not precluding what they are doing with Aerosoft, on the contrary.

We've been pioneering the add-on gauge market nearly 20 years ago and we've developed a unique expertise in developing the most advanced gauges on 3 simulator platforms spanning 14 different versions. Reality XP customers are demanding and expecting nothing less than the highest level of quality and authenticity, and I thank all of you, for supporting and using our products every day, with any of your favorite aircraft, in any of your favorite scenery, everywhere around the world. This alone makes our products unique and I can't wait contributing in your enjoyment of using Flight Simulator 2020.

I believe now is the time to gather your friends and vote for the next Q&A!

“When will you start working directly with other Developers? We don’t want just Aerosoft airliners in the most beautiful simulator made for GA” - Community / Dev Q&A: Post Questions Here! - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Edited by RXP
SDK comments
  • Like 7

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

7 minutes ago, RXP said:

I believe this is time to gather your friends and vote for the next Q&A!

Agree and done!

• Like 2

Bert

43 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Agree and done!

Same.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Thank you for your warm support!

The discussion is far from getting enough votes to even be 'mentioned' in the next Q&A but I believe the poster is raising very valid points for which I hope my post above is also bringing valid answers.

I'll refrain from intervening in this FS2020 discussion, unless someone brings a fallacious argument against RXP and other 3rd party developers, otherwise I believe it could be interfering with the OP intent and the quality of the arguments which I hope this will raise.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Voted, too.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On 11/22/2020 at 7:04 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Agree and done!

Perhaps post a direct link to the post to expedite voting.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere