Sign in to follow this  
chass32

RXP GTN 750/650 and GNS 530/430 for FS2020

Well, in the meantime while I wait, I’ve buckled and gone and updated my X-Plane installation with new and awesome stuff ... and may finally bite the bullet and get a full RXP 430/530W stack (and RealSimGear hardware to boot) ... just want to keep you funded somehow while we wait for Asobo to get themselves sorted out!

It looks like that forum post mentioned doesn't exist anymore.

Is there any update or hope of having MSFS support RXP?

I really like using my home sim to practice IFR replicating my real plane setup, but that's very hard without having a realistic replica of the GTN navigators like RXP support.

• Upvote 1

On 1/5/2021 at 1:00 AM, Raladic said:

It looks like that forum post mentioned doesn't exist anymore.

Is there any update or hope of having MSFS support RXP?

I really like using my home sim to practice IFR replicating my real plane setup, but that's very hard without having a realistic replica of the GTN navigators like RXP support.

Each update of MS2020 breaks things.
I think we have to wait for a more stable (and complete) plateform before having our prefered GPS on it.

• Like 1

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

@RealityXP: If I understood it correctly the issue with FS2020 is that it doesn't allow plugins to load external DLLs which is required to run the Garmin trainers. But what if the Garmin trainers were run in a separate application while the plugin would communicate to the external app via network protocols. While this would obviously just work for the popout version and not for the 3d cockpit (so it would be an intermediate solution) it would let us cockpit builders finally run the Garmin on a different computer and therefore free resources from the PC running the Sim. You could even market this as a different version for other platforms (e.g. XPlane) as well, where the built-in GNS also currently also only runs on the Sim PC.

Best regards 

Florian 

On 2/1/2021 at 4:31 AM, Florian-K said:

If I understood it correctly the issue with FS2020 is that it doesn't allow plugins to load external DLLs which is required to run the Garmin trainers.

No it is not this. Please see my post (#5 in this topic).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I hope Asobo is making contact with RXP to make something happen

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

Same here golfpilots its needed badly , but im afraid its way way down the road before it happens , this sim is a nightmare for 3rd party developers and doesnt seem to be getting better anytime soon 

Edited by FreightDawg
  • Like 1

John C

Hi,

There is an ongoing discussion in the FS2020 forum where I'm further explaining a number of reasons why for now the FS2020 SDK is not meant to supporting our products at all:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/596765-gtn650750-updates/

Here is one excerpt with links you can use to raise awareness about this for March 10, 2021 Q&A:

I understand it is difficult to understand why just when looking at the surface of this, and considering that after all, it is just a matter of displaying a GTN screen from another app into a FS2020 gauge, and then passing back user interactions back to the GTN trainer back, although just these two pose a challenge between being able to do it, and being able to do it with zero latency and zero impact on the frame rate like Reality XP customers are accustomed to with our products in both Flight Simulator (FS9 to P3D5) and X-Plane (XP9 to XP11).

However this is only maybe 10% of the problem. The rest is much more subtle and right now impossible in FS2020.

I've submitted this very question for the next Q&A and you might want considering voting for this:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-dev-q-a-guided-question/370628/14?u=cptlucky8

Another user is also posing the same question for the next Q&A:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-dev-q-a-guided-question/370628/59?u=cptlucky8

You might want to also read my other comments about the FS2020 SDK:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/discussion-live-dev-q-a-january/358108/211?u=cptlucky8
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/582275-rxp-gtn-750650-and-gns-530430-for-fs2020/?do=findComment&comment=4323291

Otherwise and while at it, here are a few other questions you might want to also support to give them a chance* to be in the next Q&A:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-dev-q-a-guided-question/370628/15?u=cptlucky8
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-dev-q-a-guided-question/370628/18?u=cptlucky8
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-dev-q-a-guided-question/370628/60?u=cptlucky8
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-dev-q-a-guided-question/370628/61?u=cptlucky8

---

*Supporting means clicking on the heart icon to add 1 like, so that the entries with most likes would most likely be selected for the Q&A. Thank you @Nemo for asking!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

After 7 months , nothing has really evolved (but lot of things have been degraded). no stability, an addon which works with a version can be killed by the next patch.
I'm not optimistic and i think it will never be at the level we are waiting for.

They don't listen to the simmers community, they are just focused on their market
RXP, A2A, Mlilviz etc..all bests 3rd party dev seems to have stop work for MSFS because it is simply not possible, not in a serious way for commercial products (avionics and aircrafts).
But for me, it is not possible to back to P3D or XP because of the beautiful visual of MSFS i would miss too much. i'm disapointed (and not flying anymore) !

Edited by nirgal76
  • Like 1

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

1 hour ago, nirgal76 said:

After 7 months , nothing has really evolved (but lot of things have been degraded). no stability, an addon which works with a version can be killed by the next patch.

Actually, something big happened this week... Microsoft has signed up the Working Title Group to help improve the avionics in MSFS 2020..  They (WT) have proven to be a very capable set of developers and I would expect good things to emerge..

• Like 1

Bert

On 3/9/2021 at 8:09 AM, RXP said:

There is an ongoing discussion in the FS2020 forum where I'm further explaining a number of reasons why for now the FS2020 SDK is not meant to supporting our products at all:

With all due respect, this scattering of topics does not really help with defining the work to be done.. 😉

It might be helpful if RXP were to clearly state what they need from the SDK to be able interface their gauges.

I just hope that discussions are taking place between RXP and WT to nail down the specifics, so a roadmap could be defined.

• Like 1

Bert

@Bert Pieke You are right, something big happened this week, which is definitely good for the franchise.

I also hope discussion could take place so that a roadmap beneficial for our customers could be defined.

As for scattering topics, you are right they are in different place and while you were just writing this, I also posted yet another comment about the SDK and RXP in another topic:

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RXP said:

I also posted yet another comment about the SDK and RXP in another topic:

I have just sent you an email.

• Like 1

Bert

• Like 2