Sign in to follow this  
chass32

RXP GTN 750/650 and GNS 530/430 for FS2020

Have you been following the XXXXXX mod discussions. It seems they have the GTN750...sort of working and still in the "lets us all get it working" stage. They have a free base version and an upmarket version that will attract an annual fee when it is up and running.

Edited by RXP

Geoff Bryce

7 hours ago, RXP said:

*(2) JustFlight and A2A are also raising some concerns about some of the SDK problems:

Just to add that, somehow, A2A are confident that they will deliver the Comanche for FS2020: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72335&start=45#p551356

By the sounds of this post they are in the tweaking phase and it looks like they have a working model, about 99% of the way there. So I am very curious to see how they managed to go around the limitations posted by Lewis in the link posted above. I don't think they gave up on Accu-Sim, but i do wonder what Accu-Sim even is in the FS2020 era.

JustFlight, on the other hand, are building the Arrow (and the Turbo Arrow too, I imagine) completely inside the sim flight model. I imagine they're feeling a bit grateful that Asobo are making such slow progress on the flight model, otherwise they'd have to retune everything every single month. I wonder if issues with the model is why the Turbo Arrow isn't out yet.

To me it seems pretty obvious that allowing developers as much freedom as possible can only be beneficial for everyone, Asobo included. But it looks like the servers have a very vocal group of people who are determined to get the best of everything for free. So much so that if they can't get it for free, they'd rather destroy it. Every time i tried to mention the fact that Asobo can simply continue doing exactly what it's doing, developing the default flight model and improving WASM support, as well as working on default aircraft and systems, while also allowing developers to plug in their dlls or their flight models, etc, a group of users always tries to argue that blocking any external tool that is not built inside the tiny sandbox drawn out by Asobo is the best thing possible for the community. That third party developers should share their knowledge with Asobo in order to improve the default sim. No mention on how these charitable third party developers are supposed to make a living, or what those developers ignored by Asobo are supposed to do.

Time will tell how well this is going to work for Asobo. But i feel like a lot of active users are losing patience with the broken weather system, the broken controls, broken flight model, broken icing model, broken performance, etc. As i said it before: it may be that Asobo will be able to fix all of these things rather than outsource them to other developers, but I wonder if FS2020 can stay alive for that long.

Or, who knows, maybe FS2020 will die, Asobo will give up on it and open it up to developers, and we'll have another zombie-like bit of abandonware like FSX being kept alive by third party content, but with better graphics. I for one hope Asobo see some sense and open it up well before that happens.

• Like 2

Cristi Neagu

2 hours ago, Cristi_Neagu said:

To me it seems pretty obvious that allowing developers as much freedom as possible can only be beneficial for everyone, Asobo included.

So we collectively are building a choir to sing that song, loudly.  Please join the choir and join in the singing.  And seemingly deaf ears require more volume!  Raise your voice!

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

MFS team is more disappointing than their product (and it was a challenge !)

After announcement, they said it will be a product for simmers. They don't do anything for that.
It tend to be a xbox game for gamers.

Edited by nirgal76
  • Like 3

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

On 4/25/2021 at 9:52 PM, fppilot said:

So we collectively are building a choir to sing that song, loudly.  Please join the choir and join in the singing.  And seemingly deaf ears require more volume!  Raise your voice!

There is now a place to sing along, and I thank everyone supporting this motion.
Your support is incredible and with only a few more votes it will enter the list of 48!

Open up communications with Reality-XP - Self-Service / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to discussing with Matt anytime soon.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 2

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Perhaps Jorg will have some words about that on next Q&A 😉

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

Why is this topic not appearing in the Avsim front page Recent Topics feed?

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I've voted on Asobo's MSFS 2020 forum for RXP support on Christi's thread, and said my piece.

@RXP, I hope you get some traction. I fully support your software and am continuously hopping on these threads to look for updates. I'm shocked that Asobo hasn't thrown more support behind making the development support easier for RXP.

Keep fighting the good fight, I look forward to the day when this is all behind us.

• Like 2

I Have been owning this add-on for the past year or so and I never NEVER regretted spending my cash on it. Microsoft, BIG mistake that ur making, this add-on is not primitive or backward, this is the real deal. I am proud to raise my voice on this . BTW, U guys should consider a G1000 or G1000 Xi for FSX/p3d or Xp11.

Cheers! and I can count on you

Edited by omsriguru
  • Like 2

Hi I use the realsimgear gns 530 and was wondering if you are looking to make your product available for flight simulator 2020