Sign in to follow this  
Paladin2005

How to find airport ILS frequencies?

17 minutes ago, keithb77 said:

We need an IFR map, like Xplane, where you can click on a navaid and load it's frequencies in to the sim 🙂

yeap, I think my biggest disappointment with FS20 is the lack of an IFR map, something like AviTab, even if it's external like GTN750. Let's hope that Aivlasoft or LNM are not to far away.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

airnav.com

Just enter the airport code and it will provide everything you require.

Charts, SID and STAR departure and approach plates, frequencies, airport diagrams, everything.

Be aware that frequencies found on flightaware.com or other sites might differ from what's in MSFS

• Upvote 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

2 hours ago, Chock said:

You look on the map when planning your flight, then note the frequencies you will need along your route and write them down on a pad (or kneeboard). This is how it is done in real life, and is how you do it in the sim.

That is true, for sure... but a G1000 should also be able to give you that information.. 😉

What if you deviate to an unplanned airport?..

Bert

3 hours ago, Paladin2005 said:

Do i need to use the G1000 MFD?

If you rotate the big knob in the lower-right to the waypoint page (I think WPT) you can enter the code of any airport. Or you can use the NRST page (again with the big knob). It isn't perfectly representative of the real thing when navigating, but it does work. It does work in other aircraft also. Here's what the page looks like, for example, in the TBM. In some of the planes, it doesn't show what type of frequency it is - which is a bug that I've reported and you all should too! 🙂

SyPJVSK.jpg

• Like 1

Chris Burnett

i9 9900K @ 5Ghz | Radeon RX 6800 | 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 2 x M.2 Gen 3x4 1TB SSDs + 1 x SATA 1TB SSD
Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

Here's what the page looks like, for example, in the TBM.

Yea that's fine but if you want to do any type of procedures or flight planning with the G1000's or GNS in FS20 it's a true pain.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

13 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Yea that's fine but if you want to do any type of procedures or flight planning with the G1000's or GNS in FS20 it's a true pain.

I'm not opining on whether it is good or bad, I was just trying to answer the OP's question about how to find frequencies in the avionics.

Chris Burnett

i9 9900K @ 5Ghz | Radeon RX 6800 | 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 2 x M.2 Gen 3x4 1TB SSDs + 1 x SATA 1TB SSD
Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

6 hours ago, Paladin2005 said:

Do i need to use the G1000 MFD?

I did a quick demo of navigation the G1000 (there's also one for the King Air - can do others. This shows how to enter and delete a flight plan, how to use the direct-to a nearest airport or fix and how to use the WPT menu to find and select ILS frequencies.

The avionics are far from perfect and I'm hopeful Asobo will heed the feedback from many of us on missing features, but in the meantime, you can perform basic functions.

• Like 2

Chris Burnett

Thank you for that video!

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | 12700K | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD & Warthog Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | MFG Crosswinds

I think ILS frequencies are set automatically if you selected an ILS approach in the flight planner. 

I just pushed APP when arriving near the destination airport and it worked fine. Didn't needed to input anything.

Edited by Aaron555

Here just for NAV / COM -     G1000  It works , MSFS 2020  from a rw pilot 

I am not a real world pilot , I only play one on TV,  the video was made by a real world pilot

Edited by SirDan
  • Like 2

i7-8600k @ 3.70 GHz  16.0 GB Ram OS Win 10-64 bit    Geforce GTX 1070 

28 minutes ago, SirDan said:

Here just for NAV / COM -     G1000  It works , MSFS 2020  from a rw pilot

We know it works and it's fine in the RW but it's just a monumental pain to do in the sim.

Whatever GPS is in the King Air it should be an option to use in all G1000 aircraft, why do it in the King Air and not in the others. Even if Asobo were to include the lower MFD that's in the TBM in G1000 aircraft it would have made a huge difference. Look the RealityXP GNS has been out for years and it's much better than this.

Edited by FPStewy

Hi, don't know if this will be of any use to you but I use MFS Steam along with Flight Connect on my PC and Flightmap on a tablet. This is not only a very good moving map display but will display navaid frequencys and airfield ICAO indicators. The later can then be entered into the GPS DIR facility to obtain all the airfield details. Hope this isn't 'teaching Granny to suck eggs' 🙂

• Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Hey mates! You can view ILS frequencies simply by zooming in on the MSFS2020 Map. It will show the a little localizer icon, when you click it the ILS frequency pops up in the Nav window.

I took a screenshot but there is no option for me to attach it.