Sign in to follow this  
kapitan

Swimming pools

I understand Blackshark.ai assumes from Bing maps that what has green color is vegetaion, brownish is earth and buildings, however...

they wrongly assume buildings cover the whole terrain of a city. This is wrong.

Once thing perceived from the air in a real flight over my town Buenos Aires, is that EVERY single house has a pool (its a standard in this city) however no pools are depicted in the sim (or gardens) the fill it with buildings.

Surely the logarythm should distinctive water from concrete or grass? Hope in future sims we'll see complete volumetric photography from high altitude to street level, "one volume of atmosphere plus land, one photo"

Yeah, so miffed they didn't add the ducks in the back of my Lake either!!!

You could probably see all their poop from 5k feet!!! 

• Upvote 1

Chris Camp

Yeah, Blackshark AI has a lot of issues. Buildings where it is obvious no building exists is the strangest one.  It also seems to cluster groups of tall buildings into one building (perhaps it gets height data from shadows?). It seems anything that contrasts from green will place a building. and anything that's green that has dark patches places trees.   In my city Phoenix Arizona everyone has a pool and it's depicted correctly but we get Photogramatry.  I'd use the word astounding to describe how real Phoenix looks.  I have seen what you are talking about.  It will probably take a few service packs to make everyone happy. It was the same with FSX and P3D before 3rd party developers changed everything.  Given the base we are starting from this thing is going to be perfect in 2 or 3 years.

Hello

These folks dont have issues - they have opportunities. 
They know how and have tools to read text with comments as you guys are posting here and extract (automatically) rules to "teach" systems to improve the accuracy of their models. So.... let us don't be surprised if we see the "albercas" better in BA.

regards

Alvaro Escorcia

• Like 2

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

23 minutes ago, kapitan said:

Surely the logarythm should distinctive water from concrete or grass? Hope in future sims we'll see complete volumetric photography from high altitude to street level, "one volume of atmosphere plus land, one photo"

Yes, the AI has to learn that a rectangle in a certain turquoise is usually a swimming pool.

And then we can only hope that this color isn't usually used in the color of roofs in certain regions of the world, or we will see cities entirely consisting of swimming pools. 😊

• Like 2

flew over my house the other day, my pool was there...  😀

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

this is not a rare detail.

I know New York for example has no pools. 

But for Buenos Aires s a trademark from the air, EVERY house has a pool, some cities around the world also have this pattern.

I think Blackshar took some european cities as standard, or New York or Chicago (which generally have no pools) and applied as example for all cities.

my tip to Hey Blackshark: from the air, in many cities, a pool is as common as a roof

• Like 1

Just give this AI some time. It will likely figure out more and more things right than wrong.

Enjoy what the sim has right now. Even it gets only 10% of the earth right it will still take us years to explore. At the same time, the AI will be improving and the coverage will keep getting better.  

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

41 minutes ago, kapitan said:

I understand Blackshark.ai assumes from Bing maps that what has green color is vegetaion, brownish is earth and buildings, however...

they wrongly assume buildings cover the whole terrain of a city. This is wrong.

Once thing perceived from the air in a real flight over my town Buenos Aires, is that EVERY single house has a pool (its a standard in this city) however no pools are depicted in the sim (or gardens) the fill it with buildings.

Can you report this to Asobo?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

15 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Yes, the AI has to learn that a rectangle in a certain turquoise is usually a swimming pool.

And then we can only hope that this color isn't usually used in the color of roofs in certain regions of the world, or we will see cities entirely consisting of swimming pools. 😊

Actually there are  a lot of light blue roofs throughout Asia 😉.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Actually there are  a lot of light blue roofs throughout Asia 😉.

Hm, seems I remember seeing blue roofs in Greece in default FSX landclass and asking an online friend who lived there about them.  He said they were there but it was mostly in the islands.

Anyone check out possible building/swimmingpool anomalies in the Greek islands?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Pools look great in my neck of the woods. They even still have my old house before it was sold and renovated, so that was great. Looks spot on.

Z6bhZUJ.jpg

You have to remember it's the quality of the data that is available for Blackshark to do their thing. This data quality is not the same globally

• Like 2

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

11 hours ago, LHookins said:

Hm, seems I remember seeing blue roofs in Greece in default FSX landclass and asking an online friend who lived there about them.  He said they were there but it was mostly in the islands.

Anyone check out possible building/swimmingpool anomalies in the Greek islands?

Hook

The house shutters and doors are painted blue and the walls are painted white in the Aegean sea Is. Santorini has blue dome churches. House roofs are mostly white. I think that the military rulers imposed the white/blue scheme in the 60s (colors of the Greek flag). I hope but do not hold my breath to see the Aegean covered by a white and blue house autogen.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yup, just checked and my pool is in the sim as well...

Perhaps the data for certain regions isn't as accurate or the Azure AI for that region hasn't fully applied all details?

Chris Camp

I see a lot of swimming pools on properties in various locations. Many private docks around the Seattle coastline, too, to compliment the owners' pools.

What I don't see is the rabbit hutch and the tool shed in my back garden here in England, darn it.