Sign in to follow this  
Virtual-Chris

All marinas, docks, wharfs, etc are underwater!

It looks very amateur hour.  Hope they fit it.  I've also seen several beaches that should be sand covered in a flat green texture like shrubbery.

It is the water overlay Asobo uses that masks over them.  Getting both the marinas and docks to show while simultaneously having a water overlay is much easier said than done.  But I do hope they will find a way to fix it and use the Azure AI to render marinas and boats anchored to docks.  The bigger letdown with this water overlay is not the occlusion of docks and marinas but is the occlusion of tropical water colors and shallow reefs in places like the Caribbean, they may have to manually alter the water overlay in this area to get that to show. 

Edited by Heli

I've been disheartened by two trees directly in line with the field at Stoney Lane. EGEU.

There was a jiggle in a file 'Vegetation' to reduce the MAX of tree height.

There is also TREES in Graphics options.

Now they gone.

About water features. Canals and small streams are far too large. Having said that, they are a Navigation aid in VFR.

Cheers.

I tried and may be i found the USS Arizona memorial but not be sure. 

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

12 minutes ago, Pevenhull said:

As I said. This is not a yachting simulator.

Sure, no one is asking to go boating, but as this is a flight simulator, you would expect to see things on the ground or surface of the water as you would expect to see them from the air.  That's the whole point of the investment in mapping and AI.  This tech is currently failing with structures along the shoreline unless you're flying over an area hit by a hurricane or tsunami.

It is dissapointing, however I found my boat! 🙂

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

The mask overlay is cut close to the shore lines which I think is related to using the Open Source Mapping project data where people outline the shore line but don't trace out the marinas, only manual edits of the areas will push back the water mask.  This could be done with X-Plane Ortho and saved on your local harddrive for areas you felt like working on but it is a lot of detail work for one person.  OSM has thousands of volunteers making/correcting/updating map data.