Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

How to get MORE FPS in Flight Simulator 2020 - EASY!

5 hours ago, cooperwarner8 said:

I don’t think this is bad advice at all. He does a few steps before reducing any settings that helped me massively and also it’s worth nothing that he is changing settings that won’t make much of a difference in what you can see

All I know it’s yesterday I was flying with 15-25 FPS in 4K and now I’m in 60-70 FPS in 4k

Popping out the VFR map and minimising also makes a huge difference 

No it doesn't.

Creating a window with any pop outs, makes MSi afterburner display 2x the actual FPS.

Use Dev Mode to display FPS and you'll see.

I agree with many here.... Voodoo !

Just keep your settings down, (especially the LOD sliders) to get an easy 30 to 40 FPS, and lock frames to 30 using RIVATUNER Scanline..... X/2   at  " -1 ".

This is IF you have a non-G-sync 60hz native monitor.

It is THE smoothest solution. Every combo of internal and external limiters has been tested. Everyone who has tried this agrees it works.

Only the 60 FPS vert sync in the SIM works smoothly. The 30 FPS is horrible. Just not nice. And if you are locking at 30 as MOST of us are...!.... disable vert sync in the SIM, and use the Rivatuner fix.

Nvidia limiter does work, but after hours of comparing, the art fix is even smoother.

Edited by Gabe777

5 hours ago, styckx said:

Gotta get that Youtube monetization while the fire is hot.  This guy probably has probably never flown a flight sim before this..

Agreed.

There have been 100s of new flightsimming 'officianados' creating junk recently.

Never heard of ANY of them. And they all have a dozen ads in them.

One creator made an "Unboxing Video" of MSFS software and hardware.... It got 500, 000 views.

Guess what.... Yes, she was a very pretty girl. Yuk. Sad.

It all makes me feel nauseous to be honest. I'm staying away from YouTube for a few months until decent add-ons start getting decent reviews from our usual reviewers...... Q8, Aussie, Froggle etc etc.

Go away Pretenders .... leave us alone !

13 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

I am so  tired of non simmers doing performance benchmark on fps friendly plane. Try to get 60fps in a A320/B748/787 in cockpit view and we can talk. This is absolutely rubbish.

And wait till a proper 737/747 comes along...  from PMD etc. that actually "uses" CPU cycles. These FPS numbers will halve.

Better to get used to lesser graphics before this happens...... if you see what I mean ?!?

.....It will be less of a jolt than having to start reducing eye candy when you want to fly a decent study level SIM.

Anyway with the settings he suggested I gained 10 fps and I could fly in the same area maintaining 40-50 fps with the C172.

Considering that the 2080 Ti is 25-30% faster than my GPU, I am OK until the new CPUs and GPUs come out, then I will plan an upgrade after reading the reviews.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

24 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

Agreed.

There have been 100s of new flightsimming 'officianados' creating junk recently.

Never heard of ANY of them. And they all have a dozen ads in them.

One creator made an "Unboxing Video" of MSFS software and hardware.... It got 500, 000 views.

Guess what.... Yes, she was a very pretty girl. Yuk. Sad.

It all makes me feel nauseous to be honest. I'm staying away from YouTube for a few months until decent add-ons start getting decent reviews from our usual reviewers...... Q8, Aussie, Froggle etc etc.

Go away Pretenders .... leave us alone !

You sound so entitled it's untrue... so you've never heard of any of them? So what lol.. are we to look to you in terms of who we watch?!

MSFS2020 has sparked a lot of interest and people that have never flown before are starting to play and enjoy simming for the first time. You have a problem with that too? Quite unbelievable...

• Like 3

13 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Saw this one in YT, hope it will help with the performance issues that some have:

Why don't they separate terrain and cockpit shadows ?

Shadows are horrendously jaggy. Even set at 4096.

But cranking them up affects ALL shadows and kills FPS.

If they had separate settings for cockpit shadows you could have highest in VC and lower on terrain !

This should have been done long ago.

It's present in P3D and X plane.

I don't get it. Such a poor oversight.

Edited by Gabe777

5 minutes ago, stripealipe said:

You sound so entitled it's untrue... so you've never heard of any of them? So what lol.. are we to look to you in terms of who we watch?!

MSFS2020 has sparked a lot of interest and people that have never flown before are starting to play and enjoy simming for the first time. You have a problem with that too? Quite unbelievable...

It's my opinion on people cashing in.

Go away.

Worked for me!

my fps rocketed i can now fly in ultra with a modest i5 7800 gtx1060 3gb in 1980x1080p

why? turning in Bios IVT Intel Virtualization Technology plus XMP extreme memory profile

Plus i have a freesync monitor that manages frequency and fps

50 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

Only the 60 FPS vert sync in the SIM works smoothly. The 30 FPS is horrible. Just not nice. And if you are locking at 30 as MOST of us are...!.... disable vert sync in the SIM, and use the Rivatuner fix.

Just use the 60FPS VSYNC, works perfect for 30FPS as well, no stutters, no tearing. There's absolutely no need for external tools / settings in this sim.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Yesterday I was ready to uninstall MSFS as it was a stuttering laggy mess and I was lucky to be getting 10 - 15 fps whatever my settings in the game. Having watched this video I learned that my NVIDA settings were all wrong and set to quality rather than performance.

Following this guy's advice I'm now getting around 40 fps in the cockpit of the 320 and up to 60 fps outside on high-end settings (i7 3700k and 1070 ti).

The changes have also vastly improved my framerates in P3D V5.

• Like 1

Eagles may soar, but alley cats don't get sucked into jet engines.

53 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Just use the 60FPS VSYNC, works perfect for 30FPS as well, no stutters, no tearing. There's absolutely no need for external tools / settings in this sim.

If you not getting stutters below 60 you must have a G sync monitor.

It appears we are odds here.

Not everyone has g sync yet.

Of course that's the best solution.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

Exactly!

i have a Freesync monitor (equivalent to Gsync) thus no fps problems

This should be a sticky for when you are buying a momitor, since it has nothing to do with the gpu card that its all what people look at.

Having a monitor that is capable of Gsync or Freesync solves a lot of problems

If your Pc specs are similar to mine 

1> Set your sync on the monitor to 60fps

2> Go into nvidia control panel and set fps  to 31

3> Also in Nvidia control panel set sync to 1/2 refresh rate

4> In windows advanced system settings set to optimize background applications

5> Turn off v-sink in MFS

SMOOTH AS SILK

regards

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Gabe777 said:

I didn't get stutters when G-Sync was off

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

How dare an outsider approach, let alone attempt to breach the walls surrounding the hallowed halls of Flight Sim. All of these pretenders cashing in on our hobby! The nerve of them spending the years building content that people will watch, building a following of viewers. They have opened themselves up to scrutiny over the years. They think they understand how to deal with negativity. But no! This time they have flown too close to the sun. Thank goodness for you, the gatekeepers, stopping the unwashed masses from the path of flight sim enlightenment! Well done, anonymous keyboard warriors! Thanks to your endless criticism, we are all kept safe from the scourge that is the "filthy casual."

• Like 1

Chris