Sign in to follow this  
NCChief

ATC greyed out in Toolbar

Greetings all!!

Newbie here and this is my first post!  I hope that everyone is enjoying MSFS2020 as much as I am.

For some reason though, I cannot enable ATC in the toolbar. It is greyed out and the "Tower icon" is missing from the toolbar.

I can hear ATC and when I let the AI control ATC Comms, the AI calls my tail number and the AI responds back to ATC.

I cannot for the life of me find a setting to fix this.

I have gone through the forums looking for the issue, and have even tried a couple of fixes for similar issues (Weather missing), but to no avail.  I have even tried the "Windows Offline" trick to see if that helped.  Nope!

Anyway, if anyone has an ideas or knows what I may have missed, I would appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Scott

Resolved my problem.  If anyone else runs into this issue, just go to Assistance, User Experience - and make sure that you set everything to EASY. Go in each sub item and make sure that everything is set to "ON".  Fire up a plane and complete a flight, then change the settings back to whatever you desire.

Happy Flying!

S.

Edited by NCChief
  • Like 1

Not sure how that fixed it. but it did!  I am betting we both followed some youtube video how to get higher frame rates and we got to this place. Anyhow from a long time Avsim member. Thank you for registering and thank you for posting. I typed this problem into google and found your answer. It was broken the past 3 days for me.

ATC PANEL greyed out Flight simulator 2020 is what I searched for.

Thank you Thank you Thank you

CaptJohnKCLE (XBOX live gamertag.)

Member here since 2013.

Edited by john44111

Hey Capt. John!

I wish I could have found it on YouTube.  I searched high and low and found nothing. I was just playing around turning everything on here and there and trying again and VIOLA...it worked.  Glad it worked for you too!!

Take care,

Scott NCK4SEH

Bizarre ATC was greyed out starting yesterday. How in the ? is that happening?

Edited by charliearon
Let's leave out any attempts!

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.