Sign in to follow this  
Micland

Help GTN 750 and A2A PA28 Cherokee Popup/VC Brightness

Hello
I installed the rxp gtn750 and 650 in my planes, so I display them on the 3D panel and on a remote tablet. Everything works perfectly except that I cannot decrease the screen brightness  only on the panel.

The Configuration panel / Display settings / Adjust the brightness --->
will changes the screen brightness on the dashboard AND on the tablet.
On the tablet: System / Backlight setting / Backlight level selection ---> change the screen brightness on the dashboard AND on the tablet.

Is there a way to only change the screen brightness on the plane?

Welcome to Avsim.  See this was your first post.  I am another user like you.  There are a number of questions that tend to get asked here over and over.  And in some cases answered over and over.  So moderators here have done what is called "pinning".  Pinning anchors a frequently discussed topic in place near the top of the list of topics.  I recommend you take time to look through those, and also scroll through a few screens of topic listings scanning for a topic title matching or related to your questions.  You will in most cases find answers much more quickly than asking in a new topic and waiting for answers.  Here is an example from this FSX/P3D GTN forum.  Note the pinned topic just a bit up from your new topic..  

image.png.d1f9fbac53716216a2ef87e153006c65.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thank you Franck for taking the time to answer me. I had very poorly researched while my answer was in front of my eyes ....
So I will study that.
Thanks again.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Micland said:

Thank you Franck for taking the time to answer me. I had very poorly researched while my answer was in front of my eyes ....
So I will study that.
Thanks again.

Take your time learning how to make the edits in the .ini file(s).  I seem to have found that no two aircraft are the same, even among aircraft from the same developer, based on how their panels are coded.  So it takes some "what-if" playing around with it.  You might wish to mention specific aircraft and someone else may jump in and advise what they found worked.  And please post your interest in adjustments for those specific model in the pinned topic I circled in my previous message.  Then all of this stays in one topic for others to find more easily.  Helps if you take that approach with other issues as well when a well developed topic is there to use.

Best regards, and again, welcome aboard Avsim

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hello
I use the RXP GTN 750 with the PA28 Cherokee from A2A.
I spent several hours trying to figure out how to change the brightness among the amount of post and among all the different advice and advice but I give up without success because the same action does not give the same effect twice in a row, or this causes P3D v4 to crash, or the gtn display becomes garbled, and so on. So many difficulties to simply have a different brightness between the 3D panel and remote tablet. I have known easier ....
Too bad, I'll take sunglasses with the bright screen 🙂