Sign in to follow this  
Flying_Max

Asobo, please, give us back the old keyboard configuration!

I don't know if these considerations of mine may be of interest to anyone but I propose them anyway hoping they can open a fruitful discussion.

I want to talk about keyboard commands. I don't understand why, after P3D had also adopted the same keyboard commands as FSX, Asobo has revolutionized everything, creating not a little confusion.
I would like to propose to you to ask Asobo to introduce the option of being able to import all the keyboard commands of FSX (or P3d). 
In this way, anyone who wanted would be able to adopt the well-known classic FSX (or P3d) shortkey configuration by manually configuring those new functions not provided by the old simulators (for example the free video camera).

What do you think about it?

Bottom line it's not FSX it's all new and about time

• Like 3

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Lockheed Martin, please give us P3D with worldwide streaming scenery.

Hook

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

23 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Hook

Yes, this also could be a very good solution! 😄

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Asobo, please give us back FSX with better graphics!

You can already purchase P3D from Lockheed if you want an obsolete sim. 

I don't mind having new key commands, some I already reassigned. But I do wish they provided us with a list of all the key commands that we could quickly reference.

• Like 2

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

19 minutes ago, TOGA-saurus said:

I don't mind having new key commands, some I already reassigned. But I do wish they provided us with a list of all the key commands that we could quickly reference.

This!

There are a lot of keyboard references on the web, and many I've seen have errors (F4 = full throttle?  I wish).  Probably because they were made from earlier versions of the sim.

You know FS has a "database" in it of what key is mapped to what... it should be a simple matter to compile that info and present it as a printable PDF or whatever.  Then you'd have a reference which by definition is correct, and includes any customizations you've made.  Win-win.

And while we're at it, what the heck is up with the "basic controls" window?  All it does is show my joystick with the buttons numbered, not what they do.  What's the point?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ELaw said:

And while we're at it, what the heck is up with the "basic controls" window?  All it does is show my joystick with the buttons numbered, not what they do.  What's the point?

Yes, here is another weird thing!

2 hours ago, LHookins said:

Hook

Could you imagine if they came out with their own version, would make things interesting...

• Like 1

Eric 

2 hours ago, SeanMo said:

You can already purchase P3D from Lockheed if you want an obsolete sim. 

Your posts usually give the impression you work for the Microsoft marketing department.

The OP made a valid point. Change for the sake of change may appeal to you, but is not always an improvement, particularly when combined with poor or obscure documentation.

• Like 2

John B