Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Deja Vu...

OK, for some of us that have been in this hobby since FS98 was the next best thing this entire release is kind of amusing and a whole big bag full of Deja Vu...  With every release there are those that complain that their 10 year old sim with all it's add-ons is SOOO much better than a band new vanilla unmodified sim.  How many remember "i'm not giving up my heavies in FS9"    or "FSX is a VFR sim only"   or all the complaints of FSX add-ons not working with the first version of P3D, or the arguments everytime a new version of P3D was released, it's just the grand circle of FS repeating itself.

NOW, this is where FS20 is different in my opinion.  I have NEVER wanted a sim to succeed this badly.  The raw potential of this sim is staggering.  When I think about where we can be in a few months or years with FS20 as a base platform I am truly excited.  None of us have ever seen a first release of FS with this kind of fidelity and potential.  So yes, a lot of Deja Vu, almost comical but when the emotions settle I do believe FS20 will be the only sim left standing...  

So while some are adamant on complaining and repeating FS history again, I personally could not be more excited to still have P3D while FS20 matures but when I landed my QW 787 at KLAS in P3D last night and hopped in a Cessna for the FS20 flight out to the Grand Canyon I was in sim heaven...  

Just my .02 but it's funny to sit back and watch this all happen "again" lol....

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I completely agree.

The difference this time is that it is not an incremental progress compared to the previous sim but just a massive generational leap.

I never was an early adopter and always waited a few weeks or months after a release for the dust to settle. I never felt the need to get in on day one, because what I had was running fine and the new sim just promised to be a tad better. 

Not this time. I just couldn't wait - and despite the shortcomings of the early days I did not regret it for a second. It is just a complete new world of simming.

I had planned to keep P3D for the FSL until it is available for MSFS. Yesterday I started P3D with the FSL, prepared everything and shortly after takeoff, looking out of the cockpit window, I just wondered if should laugh or cry. Anyway, I closed P3D right away and took the C152 for a ride in MSFS. 

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1