Sign in to follow this  
Spike1950

Real Weather .... Is that working for anyone?

Good morning from Colorado,

Have tried (unsuccessfully) to get the expected results using real weather.  In fact, yesterday we had some low overcast in the Ft Collins and Loveland areas and very high / gusty winds.  That said, I loaded the C172 in a parking spot at KFNL (Northern Colorado Regional Airport) here in Loveland using real weather, at the current time.  Once the sim loaded, there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the winds were less than 3 knots.  

In anyone having any luck getting real weather when using the "Real Weather" selection?

Mike

Plenty of reports of it not working in certain parts of the USA but it's certainly not missing from the whole country. It's also worth double checking real weather is enabled directly before you click fly from the menu though, if you have just done a flight it often reverts back to preset.

not working for me. i always keep my active sky open and weather in sim's ATIS is always different from active sky real weather((

Edited by BackboneOne

Yes. I've had some weird results as well... 

Found out, that when sitting on the ground (at 0 ft AGL), Once I took off and got around 1-2.000 ft in the air, I started getting wind (at least something that the aircraft registered)... not sure of the accuracy, though.

This was not only in the US but also in Europe and elsewhere...

🙂

Metoblue doesn't appear to be up to par at all. I tried their weather app in the Google Play store and found it consistently gave inconsistent weather. Found it to be a garbage app and uninstalled it. Don't think their North America data is very good at all. Their Europe based so go figure.

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 1

Eric 

At best it seems to be inconsistent in its reliability.  Most of the places I have been funny have actually been clear and calm out both in real life and in the sim.  So last night I went through the effort of finding somewhere that was raining and loaded into it in MSFS and it was raining.  But given peoples experience so far on it the source seems to be pretty poor.  Not sure if its the sim or just the weather aggregator they are using is problematic.  As the previous poster alluded to it may be Metoblue.

Very intermittent here. North America does seem worse but no consistency to that either. I do notice sometimes that the wind sock appears to be correct from a distance but as I get closer (lower on approach) it then blinks and drops to calm. 

I'm currently flying KSAN-KLAX and I have no live weather. Not even SoCal. Disappointing.

Edited by astroavion

Hopefully the weather issues will be one of the first patch fixes.

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The last days Weather was working for me, quite good simulated, at least in my local area (south germany).

I also flew in Canada and south Africa but of course i dont know if the Weather there was good simultated too.

The depiction is actually nice, but wether it is consistent with real world weather at the precise time I am not really sure.

I still cannot fathom out why we have tried to re-invent the wheel sometimes and stay with consistent data and a fantastic delivery system ( Activesky )

Maybe they should of invested resources to integrate a tried and tested system.

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

In my experience so far, the real weather is not very real.The depiction of the weather is fantastic though.

Works pretty well for me right now concerning clouds and precipitation, not so much with wind, which seem "incompletely" depicted.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Maybe I've been lucky so far, but real live weather has been matching pretty well what I see out of my window (Montreal area).

Yes, but doubtless you may evaluate the wind from your window ! 😉

Intel Core i7-9700K (3.6 GHz/4.9 GHz), GeForce RTX 4060 TI, DDR4 32Go, screen ASUS XG32VQR 32'', Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Pro Pedal CH Products, TCA Sidestick Airbus, TCA Boeing Yoke Edition