Sign in to follow this  
Spike1950

Real Weather .... Is that working for anyone?

13 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

Sounds complicated though

From what I've seen and read, it isn't really that complicated. Asobo has included built-in developer tools so that one may edit or build the airport in the sim. There's no longer a need to use 3rd party tools such as ADE.

Aircraft however are very complicated! 😏

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

5 minutes ago, n4gix said:

From what I've seen and read, it isn't really that complicated. Asobo has included built-in developer tools so that one may edit or build the airport in the sim. There's no longer a need to use 3rd party tools such as ADE.

But are these tools usable by mere mortals? Are they usable by anybody? I thought they were still working on the airport editing tools..

Just now, Keto Ketchup said:

But are these tools usable by mere mortals? Are they usable by anybody?

Only if your a Time Lord.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keto Ketchup said:

But are these tools usable by mere mortals? Are they usable by anybody? I thought they were still working on the airport editing tools..

Sure. Just open the developer mode and download/install the SDK. While incomplete in some areas, the airport editor tool must be working, else we wouldn't already be seeing new, custom airports/airstrips! 

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I was having trouble with my live weather settings too and so I followed advice I received over on the MS forums and double checked my settings under Option/Data/live weather then made sure I selected apply and save. However when I start up the sim and select an airport to fly from in the world map it still shows up with the pre-set box highlighted in white and the clear skies option ticked. despite having real world weather selected in the options data menu. in the alpha, the real world weather was available by default if desired but in this release version for some reason it always reverts to clear skies, irrespective of whether or not real weather is selected under the data menu. I hope this gets fixed soon. 

I completely give up..  The depiction is great but the rabbit hole of madness is infuriating about how "live" the weather actually is

All day Hurricane Laura was being represented correctly in location..

Now suddenly I'm getting what has to be at least 72hr old weather..  As the hurricane is about to make landfall in the U.S. my current weather shows it still over Mexico.. This is absurd how broken live weather is.. I need a break and a beer from this because there is no logic to how any of this works..

INvjkXi.png

Edited by styckx
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

6 minutes ago, styckx said:

Now suddenly I'm getting what has to be at least 72hr old weather..  As the hurricane is about to make landfall in the U.S. my current weather shows it still over Mexico.. 

Surely these problems were known before release

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

2 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

Surely these problems were known before release

Of course they know about 99% of the problems, this is a paid beta because that's just the way the industry is nowadays. Eventually the bugs will slowly be fixed. Realistically MSFS shouldn't have been released for another year I'm guessing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bsal said:

Of course they know about 99% of the problems, this is a paid beta because that's just the way the industry is nowadays. Eventually the bugs will slowly be fixed. Realistically MSFS shouldn't have been released for another year I'm guessing.

At least we get to use now I suppose

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Just a friendly reminder to put these issues to Zendesk to bump it up the priority ladder.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

17 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

At least we get to use now I suppose

I would have no problems with that, except they are selling as final product and not Beta. Not to mention “premium” content with fidelity levels worse than ace combat. Got my $119 back, will gladly wait until 3rd party fix everything. 3kts winds on a Hurricane is just a freaking joke.

2 minutes ago, shadow133 said:

I would have no problems with that, except they are selling as final product and not Beta. Not to mention “premium” content with fidelity levels worse than ace combat. Got my $119 back, will gladly wait until 3rd party fix everything. 3kts winds on a Hurricane is just a freaking joke.

It was worth it to you to uninstall the 100 GB sim and get a temporary refund until they improve it over the next few months? You wouldn’t rather just wait it out?

• Like 2

As I just noted in another thread,I just flew into Lake Charles, La. in the C-172. ATIS said winds 22@38 or something close. Chose runway 15, and no wind at all, windsock limp.

ATIS seemed to match real world conditions but not the weather in the sim.

Weather seems to work okay for me. Just took off from Lukla at dawn in very foggy conditions, difficult to even stay on the runway for the take off owing to very low visibility, then had to use the synthetic vision to steer around the terrain, but it was clear lower down at Kathmandu when I arrived:

NlaZ2Xh.png

7pSw1em.png

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here