Sign in to follow this  
Spike1950

Real Weather .... Is that working for anyone?

From reading the posts, I have recalled a thread we had earlier before MSFS was released, in which some people were convinced that MSFS' own weather engine would be far superior to Active Sky. I pointed out some important aspects about which we didn't know, and it turns out that these aspects have not received the care and resources at MS/Asobo that we wished. I hope that it will change over time.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, B777ER said:

HiFi have already posted that the SDK does not allow weather manipulation. Damian from HiFi stated they are locked out.

And there it is. Lovely. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm getting 30 knot winds at CYZX right now with Live weather, an area I normally only got 3 knot winds, like the rest of North America.

According to the latest METAR, it was at 26, so it is close.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Some people have reported that if you log out of your Xbox account and back in , load the sim , it resets the weather. But the wind meh it's still broken around NA

Edited by SirDan

Still completely broken except sometimes over Europe for abrief moments you can get some wind stronger than 243° 3kts which I didn't bother to check if it's correct as per METAR reports
But still it doesn't last for the entire flight, I don't think the live weather function is implemented, maybe they expected people to just play with the preset weather to look at the clouds or somethiong?

Edited by EmaRacing

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Out of curiosity, is there any difference in weather based on where you are IRL? In other words, are simmers who are actually playing in Europe (and thus using UK servers presumably) stuck with this 3kt wind bug?

225 at 3

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

21 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

225 at 3

Need to make a T shirt that says that. I’ll send a couple to Asobo. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Interesting somebody indicated it does not work with multi player and sure enough when I turned that off I got live weather and winds, not really sure about how we get an accurate QNH, have they modelled pressure so can I just set aerodrome elevation or just take QNH off a real weather site

Edited by Jetman67

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

23 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

Interesting somebody indicated it does not work with multi player and sure enough when I turned that off I got live weather and winds, not really sure about how we get an accurate QNH, have they modelled pressure so can I just set aerodrome elevation or just take QNH off a real weather site

Even with MP off I don't get accurate winds.

Oddly I did get accurate winds this morning at CYZX, but now they're back to being 03...

Edited by Tuskin38

6 hours ago, B777ER said:

HiFi have already posted that the SDK does not allow weather manipulation. Damian from HiFi stated they are locked out.

That just all around sucks, hope there is some way around that

• Like 2

Tyson Rose

2 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Time to dump this thing!

That's an overreaction.