Sign in to follow this  
Spike1950

Real Weather .... Is that working for anyone?

I’m getting real weather up on Cairns, but not real wind. 3 kts from the west, should be 22G30 from the southeast.

Now ATC are reporting wind as 138 @ 41, which sounds reasonable, but actual is still 3 kts. It seems the data is getting into the sim sometimes, but it’s just not setting the wind correctly.

Edited by norman_99
  • Like 1

After resuming a saved flight, Live weather no longer available , is there a work around to edit a saved flight so to enable live weather again?

Richard Mawkes

Intel Core i7 7700 4.2GHz, , Kingston Hyper Fury Black 16GB 2400MHz DDR4

Asus Geforce GTX 1070  8GB Dual Fan edition

I'd love to see #225at3Gate trending on Twitter, so that they'd have to react and can't ignore the issue any longer... #NotHappening 😄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SnakeP said:

I'd love to see #225at3Gate trending on Twitter, so that they'd have to react and can't ignore the issue any longer... #NotHappening 😄

i am pretty sure they are aware of the issue, you just gotta be patient.

they have a ton of issues to solve.

in the meantime i happily fly around.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wim123 said:

i am pretty sure they are aware of the issue, you just gotta be patient.

Of course they are aware of it, but they should acknowledge it and tell us until when we can expect a fix--I don't mind waiting for another month or two, but the lack of communication is what's concerning people the most IMO.

I have it on good authority that the broken live weather was there right from the start of the Alpha's and that this has never been acknowledged by MS/Asobo. The only thing they did was advertising their great live weather in the partnership series; so I think it's fair to expect a bit more than silence if one of the core functionalities of a flight "simulator" is far off from working as advertised.

If they’re not going to fix it, at least unlock the weather system so others like HiFi can develop things further.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, SnakeP said:

Do "they" have a Twitter account that we can tweet at directly?

The wind has NEVER worked for me...USA flying.

About 25% of the time the clouds appear to be accurate.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

25 minutes ago, Keto Ketchup said:

Do "they" have a Twitter account that we can tweet at directly?

Sure "they" have 😉

@AsoboStudio

@MSFSofficial

@MSFS_Support

Edited by SnakeP

35 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Altimeter settings are also way off from the METAR.

Because their weather uses a prediction system. METAR is only like once every hour, so they use meteoblue to try to predict what the weather is between METAR reports.

The Pre-release Q&A they said they might implement a METAR weather system along with the live stuff.

I'm getting high than 03 wind over The Dominican Republic right now

jgO6CAF.png

Edited by Tuskin38

The WX ia terrible in Canada as well. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

2 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

The WX ia terrible in Canada as well. 

I wonder if its their weather servers being overloaded? Because I had accurate wind in Nova Scotia yesterday morning, but none for the rest of the day.

And right now I have wind above 03 in the Dominican Republic (though I have no idea if it is accurate)

Edited by Tuskin38

Regarding altimeter well even you can't select in sim options to use hPA, anyway anyone have problems with live weather in Europe ? I have correct weather info in sim menu but when sim will load up then for example clouds are ok but wind is completely different than data which was in sim menu ?