Sign in to follow this  
vonsworld

Possible FS2020 DVD Install Bug?

Hello

I purchased FS2020 on DVD because although I have a 38Mbps internet connect I thought the DVD install might be quicker and I wanted the printed manual too. Possibly this was correct since I managed to install it from DVD in about 3 hours.

I then went to the MS Store and registered the product and attempted to download the remaining software, presumably the game loader. This appears to be only about 1GB in total.

However this small download failed with MS telling me I needed to have 127GB free on my hard drive, but I only had 80GB left available.

The 127GB sounds like what you would need if you were downloading the entire package, but of course I had aleady installed that from DVD. Does this sound like a bug to you, or am I missing something?

I have now ordered a larger hard drive which hopefully will enable me to get around this problem!

Thanks for your feedback

Robin

Yes, this seems to be a bug unfortunately and others have reported this before. The disk space check does not take into account the content that has already been installed.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Please let me know, I'm so frustrated. I've spent a whole day trying to fix this.

Kind regards