Sign in to follow this  
kt069

Landing Rate Display

How many of us , think that; an integrated "landing rate" display would be very nice during landing ?

As we are not able to see the  replay of our landings (for the moment), at least a basic landing indicator would be fine...(I am not sure but I think and landing rate is already measured within the "landing challenges" but it would be nice if it will be displayed for all flights on demand.)

Happy flying...

• Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

In real life, the landing rate is not recorded or used for anything. So I don't really see what it would add.  You know whether you had a good landing, or not.  That should be enough.

• Like 7

Yes, sure it is not required in real life  but as this is a simulator/game; it would be nice as it was  in all the other flight  simulators. (otherwise, external cameras or drone cameras and many other features in the flight simulators would not be required)

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

1 hour ago, kt069 said:

How many of us , think that; an integrated "landing rate" display would be very nice during landing ?

As we are not able to see the  replay of our landings (for the moment), at least a basic landing indicator would be fine...(I am not sure but I think and landing rate is already measured within the "landing challenges" but it would be nice if it will be displayed for all flights on demand.)

Happy flying...

What do you call  an « integrated "landing rate" display » ? Isn’t the VSI giving you the indication you need ?

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

What do you call  an « integrated "landing rate" display » ? Isn’t the VSI giving you the indication you need ?

Yes it is the vertical speed during landing which is commonly called as "landing rate".

You don’t have a VSI gauge in the aircraft you fly, sorry I miss something here ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

In IRL the VSI is a lag instrument. I get where the original poster is coming from. In the real jet, I can judge how firm my touch downs are and get a good idea of my sink by the call outs and my peripheral vision. In fact, when I flew KC10s, we did landing attitude demos for new peeps. You come down to a normal landing and then bring power back in at about 30 feet. The idea is to hold the 6 to 8 degree flare attitude and keep the jet just above the ground. As you go down the runway, you describe the landing picture and points to the new pilot. Approaching the end of the runway, you set 100% on the RPMs and roll back into the VFR pattern. So yes, it's good to know your touch down rate in sim to get an idea of how your flare is working. Helps you fine tune the procedure to bring it all together. As an IP, I never critique a touch down until that person has mastered aimpoint, speed, centerline and touch down point. Once those were good, I start discussing good touch downs within those confines.

• Like 2

We found a decent solution...But, it only works with planes that have that hour counter gauge, at the moment.

Edited by kt069

On 9/8/2020 at 12:26 PM, kt069 said:

We found a decent solution...But, it only works with planes that have that hour counter gauge, at the moment.

This did not work for me. What do I have to do? Any external software needed?

1 hour ago, Lourenco7 said:

This did not work for me. What do I have to do? Any external software needed?

Nothing additional needed.  But, it only works with planes that have that hour counter gauge.

1 hour ago, scelt said:

Hi,

Maybe late to the story, but I made one which could be good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzvvXCndCLM

You can get it here: https://github.com/scelts/gees/releases

Hi,

Is it working with airliners ? Thanks

Edited by kt069

30 minutes ago, scelt said:

Working with everything that flies or jumps in the MSFS 🙂

Thanks. I have tried and works decent. Nice app. Thanks.

Edited by kt069
  • Like 1