Sign in to follow this  
NoKatsHereYT

Modding Tutorials?

I want to try and mod the game a bit, making planes to be exact. I have no idea how to use the SDK tho, anyone have any tutorials that would work?

Thanks!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NoKatsHereYT said:

I want to try and mod the game a bit, making planes to be exact. I have no idea how to use the SDK tho, anyone have any tutorials that would work?

Thanks!

Your best bet will be the official Forums, Reddit, and Discord server. Most of the modding community is active there.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist

15 minutes ago, NoKatsHereYT said:

Thanks!

I would start by enabling dev mode, installing the SDK and opening up the documentation.

In there you can find the section on aircraft. Be warned, there are quite a number of new parameters that are completely undefined in the SDK documentation. Depending on what you are trying to do, you may or may not find useful information in the SDK documentation. And so far, nobody but Asobo has the answers.

I modded and shared a refined engine model for the CJ4, but is so far limited by lack of documentation of the new parameters.

There is a discord channel of tinkerers like me and real devs as well trying to work it all out. The link is in the official MSFS forums under the FSX Model Import Showcase thread.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

17 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Your best bet will be the official Forums, Reddit, and Discord server. Most of the modding community is active there.

Alright, Thanks!

10 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

I would start by enabling dev mode, installing the SDK and opening up the documentation.

In there you can find the section on aircraft. Be warned, there are quite a number of new parameters that are completely undefined in the SDK documentation. Depending on what you are trying to do, you may or may not find useful information in the SDK documentation. And so far, nobody but Asobo has the answers.

I modded and shared a refined engine model for the CJ4, but is so far limited by lack of documentation of the new parameters.

There is a discord channel of tinkerers like me and real devs as well trying to work it all out. The link is in the official MSFS forums under the FSX Model Import Showcase thread.

Alright, Ill join that Discord server, thanks for the info!

• Like 1

Wonderful...

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV