Sign in to follow this  
767lover

hurricane laura visible on worldmap

Thought that was pretty cool, you can see the eye and rotation, if I am not mistaken. It seems like the weather is not downloaded when actually flying though, as clear skies in Cancun international.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 767lover said:

Thought that was pretty cool, you can see the eye and rotation, if I am not mistaken. It seems like the weather is not downloaded when actually flying though, as clear skies in Cancun international.

The world map weather is lagging behind the actual weather and also the weather that is depicted in the sim.

Cancun actually has relatively clear skies right now:

1250x750.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Nice. Here's what it looks like in the world map now.

Untitled.jpg

Here we go again with the live weather being hit or miss..

This is what I see with live weather active, which appears to be at least a 24hrs old depiction

b9e0IvO.png

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Really hope they figure this issue out soonish. It's one of the coolest aspects of the sim when it works right.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

5 minutes ago, styckx said:

This is what I see with live weather active, which appears to be at least a 24hrs old depiction

b9e0IvO.png

Fancy doing a test mate? Try changing servers to see if it changes location, I see it as correct on the North Europe server.

8 minutes ago, styckx said:

b9e0IvO.png

i can't imagine flying vatsim with THAT latency of weather deptction.....

17 minutes ago, DPSimulation said:

Fancy doing a test mate? Try changing servers to see if it changes location, I see it as correct on the North Europe server.

Switched to North Europe... Same as I posted

Restarted the sim.. Same as I posted

Rebooted the PC..  And now the weather it up to date. .

I have no idea what's going on with this thing and live weather..

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Just now, styckx said:

Switched to North Europe... Same as I posted

Restarted the sim.. Same as I posted

Rebooted the PC..  And now the weather it up to date. .

I have no idea what's going on with this thing and live weather..

Ah well, was worth a try so thanks for looking. I was hoping it might provide some sort of clue but we're no farther forward in that respect!

You guys need to check inside the sim itself, not just on the map. I'll be checking out Hurricane Laura in an hour or so, and I'm almost sure it will be exactly where it's supposed to, just like it was this morning.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist

The world map is awesome. I love how intuitive it is where we can choose to show what we want and it makes it so much easier to visualize and plan out our flights, especially for VFR. This is what a flight planner of the modern day should be like. I'm sure it'll get better as they fix and update things. This sim is truly massive and there's a ton of ground to cover.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Clouds may work sometimes but getting live weather and winds correct in the sim it's like winning the lottery.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

1 hour ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

You guys need to check inside the sim itself, not just on the map. I'll be checking out Hurricane Laura in an hour or so, and I'm almost sure it will be exactly where it's supposed to, just like it was this morning.

I've checked it on 2 separate copies using 2 different Internet connections. The clouds are randomly not accurate and neither are winds. Heck, the clouds were scattered where the eye wall should have been. There was one little dark patch on SE side of eye wall, but that was hardly at hurricane levels. I've checked weather all over the world.

Game has easiest time with thick almost fog like overcast, but anytime there are cumulus clouds in growth stages, it always gets it wrong, no matter where you are. It underestimates precip, cloud coverage, and wind speed. It gets some clouds right, but not many. It does seem to be the worst in North America, but it's not just the US that has issues, issues are around the globe for the most part, just varies.

Edited by SceneryFX

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

5 minutes ago, SceneryFX said:

I've checked it on 2 separate copies using 2 different Internet connections. The clouds are randomly not accurate and neither are winds. Heck, the clouds were scattered where the eye wall should have been. There was one little dark patch on SE side of eye wall, but that was hardly at hurricane levels. I've checked weather all over the world.

I'm on my way now myself. I'll check back here later with my results.

Here's a picture of the Hurricane from the MSFS Discord, credit to user 'chris.'

c4850e098c182eab49535e13482dc17d.png