Sign in to follow this  
Paladin2005

The new ATC behaviour...

20 minutes ago, aguiar said:

It happened to me too, tried a couple times and then gave up on ATC, till They fix it

The experience of Paladin2005 you quoted sounds familiar, which is why I mentioned that I had observed ALT constraints on the route, which should set me up for an approach that is ready to pick up the localiser and ILS, however I then encounter the sort of "help" that post refers to, which doesn't help, at all...!

i7-8700k, Asus TUF Z-390 Plus Gaming, Corsair H45, GTX1060/6, 16GB.  SSDx2, HDDx1, Win10/64, P3D v4.5, lots of bolt-ons...

Here’s my answer to the other thread Dillon started, might be a clue:

“All my successful ATC flights started with a flight plan set up prior to entering the aircraft and selecting a SID and leaving the STAR on automatic to let ATC select runway and STAR to assign and it works flawlessly.

Maybe the key is giving up a little control to...err... air traffic control?“

Just now, Cmcollazo71 said:

“All my successful ATC flights started with a flight plan set up prior to entering the aircraft and selecting a SID and leaving the STAR on automatic to let ATC select runway and STAR to assign and it works flawlessly.

Yep, that's fair comment and I will try that for sure - but there are times when I would like to stipulate a specific approach (yes I know, not very real world) to enjoy the and just use my IFR plan to do that, so a simple option to fly without ATC would be nice - to give choice.

i7-8700k, Asus TUF Z-390 Plus Gaming, Corsair H45, GTX1060/6, 16GB.  SSDx2, HDDx1, Win10/64, P3D v4.5, lots of bolt-ons...

3 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Yep, that's fair comment and I will try that for sure - but there are times when I would like to stipulate a specific approach (yes I know, not very real world) to enjoy the visuals, and just use my IFR plan to do that, so a simple option to fly without ATC would be nice - to give choice in the matter. I can fly P3D under IFR without ATC, so why not here too?

Edited by DaveRuk
premature publication!

It seems to me that a lot of the reported "bugs" with ATC is simply user error and unfamiliarity with proper procedures (and perhaps a certain impatience. why don't things work the way they did in P3D!).

I'll just repeat what I've already said many times:

1. ATC will not give you vectors anymore to intercept the localizer. 
2. Load the approach into the FMS/G3X and the plane will fly it (and do a 360 before settling on the approach course).

3. ATC is hit and miss when it comes to altitudes. 

4. It works better when you select an approach and runway before take off. 

If you're seeing any other behavior, more likely than not you did something wrong. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Upvote 2

To avoid the 360 turn in point 2. above I find if I pause the sim (hard pause not active pause) and enter the approach assigned and then un-pause the autopilot will track the approach course without doing the 360.

I think it gives the system time to catch up to the new set of instructions before getting too far ahead on the flight path which requires the 360.

Edited by Cmcollazo71

I was so frustrated with the ATC that I silenced it, volume to 0, no need for a voice yelling nonsense at me, talking with imaginary aircrafts that are 40000feet above their altitude, then shutting up when it should talk.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

3 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

To avoid the 360 turn in point 2. above I find if I pause the sim (hard pause not active pause) and enter the approach assigned and then un-pause the autopilot will track the approach course without doing the 360.

I think it gives the system time to catch up to the new set of instructions before getting too far ahead on the flight path which requires the 360.

I'll try that out. What's the command for the hard pause. "P" doesn't work anymore. 

You have to map it to a key. I got the tip from another thread.

Use keyboard mapping tool for the sim, search for Pause making sure you have “All” selected. 

Then Map two keys, I use P for pause on and shift P for pause off.

Edited by Cmcollazo71
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Use keyboard mapping tool for the sim, search for Pause making sure you have “All” selected. 

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Really there's no way to toggle pause?

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Not a hard pause that I know of, only active pause...

I’d like to be corrected!

12 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

Really there's no way to toggle pause?

escape key for pause,  pause key for active pause  (don't use active pause,  all sorts of issues)

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

There are like 3 pauses.

Esc for menu pause (shows the menu when you pause it)
Pause key for active pause

And finally, there is that "hard pause" that Cmcollazo71 references that is unmapped.  This is probably the best pause to use because it doesn't mess up the autopilot and you can still go to an external view of the airplane and do a free look with your mouse in the external view.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

And adjust settings in the cockpit that will take place when you un pause.

Such adjust speed or altitude, heading, etc.

More like the normal pause in FSX/P3D

Edited by Cmcollazo71
  • Like 1