Sign in to follow this  
SirDan

Hurricane Laura with AI planes mimic real NOAA planes

Guess you can track AI planes in / around the current Hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico and they have the same call sign as the real NOAA planes currently active in the area.

NOAA42 P-3 Orion and others reporting  tracking NOAA43 / NOAA49 in the same area. Now this is pretty neat!!!

yfNRWwv.png

I know bad pic

Edited by SirDan
  • Like 6

I wish I could link this but if you google around you can find a place where you can track these NOAA planes in real life and then find them in game!

• Like 1

Yea. I flew through it yesterday from Cancun to Key West. It was smooth as butter - the winds that is.

For some reason, the winds weren't being portrayed properly, like if I were to select Storm in WX settings. 

It was odd. Anyone else get this too?

9 minutes ago, BMWK1200R said:

Yea. I flew through it yesterday from Cancun to Key West. It was smooth as butter - the winds that is.

For some reason, the winds weren't being portrayed properly, like if I were to select Storm in WX settings. 

Winds in most of the world seem to be stuck at 3-5 knots, I only ever seem to get higher winds in Europe.

15 minutes ago, SirDan said:

Plz no ban but this is an awesome tool for anyone for tracking aircraft.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/NOAA42

That's the service MSFS uses to display their aircraft lol.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I've also notice the wind is mostly calm, always 3kts or under almost everywhere I've flown. I think it's a bug that hopefully will get fixed in the next update.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

40 minutes ago, BMWK1200R said:

Wait a few minutes, I'm on my way there now. No real winds at my position yet, but last time I checked, the wind picked up once I entered the storm itself.

unknown.png

• Like 3

try and use the flight tracker and find the NOAA planes 🙂 good luck and watch out for Dorothy , wait wrong type of storm ....