Sign in to follow this  
hangar

Default Zoom Level

1 hour ago, hangar said:

Hehe, just checked and there is NO binding I can find that will enable a custom zoom level, so I'll assume that he's mistaken or not understanding what we've been talking about in the thread.

OK, try this..

1. Assign a button or key to "Reset Cockpit View"

2. In Options / General / Cameras / Cockpit, set Height and Zoom to your preferred setting.

I use 70 and 55.. but maybe you want 62 for Zoom.

3. Save and push the "Reset Cockpit View" button / key.. 😉

Bert

52 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK, try this..

1. Assign a button or key to "Reset Cockpit View"

2. In Options / General / Cameras / Cockpit, set Height and Zoom to your preferred setting.

I use 70 and 55.. but maybe you want 62 for Zoom.

3. Save and push the "Reset Cockpit View" button / key.. 😉

Hi...not what Im looking for.

Im interested in a command that will reset zoom ONLY. Already knew about the reset cockpit view command which I use sometimes, but it changes your view ALONG with the zoom level and that's what Im trying to avoid (don't want the view reset, only the zoom).

Thus far, I am not aware of any bind-able command which resets ONLY zoom to a custom setting (such as that set in the menu you mentioned or anywhere).

I apologize if I failed to make it clear earlier.

Also, since the command doesn't seem to exist...even a toggle command to LOCK the zoom (at my preferred setting) so it can't be changed, would be ok too.

Edited by hangar

9 hours ago, sidfadc said:

No idea, I removed all camera settings from default and set my own.....similar to xplane for muscle memory purposes

You didn't actually remove them, you just created a new profile, there still under the default profile. 

John Snyder Jr

In your control setting you can bint 2 keys for your cp zoom function.

I combind the mous4 button to the mous scroll weel to zoom in or out.

Now I have to hit the mouse 4 button and croll the weel at the same time to zoom in or out.

It s a hell of a job to hit the 2 buttons on the same time, but doable

-2021-mar-19-005_2.jpg

On 8/26/2020 at 6:35 PM, hangar said:

Hi...not what Im looking for.

Im interested in a command that will reset zoom ONLY. Already knew about the reset cockpit view command which I use sometimes, but it changes your view ALONG with the zoom level and that's what Im trying to avoid (don't want the view reset, only the zoom).

Thus far, I am not aware of any bind-able command which resets ONLY zoom to a custom setting (such as that set in the menu you mentioned or anywhere).

I apologize if I failed to make it clear earlier.

Also, since the command doesn't seem to exist...even a toggle command to LOCK the zoom (at my preferred setting) so it can't be changed, would be ok too.

This really bugs me. Also, When I set up custom views the zoom also changes. I would love a fix or solution for this weird behavior. 

I’m assuming that I can set custom camera views to my joystick buttons?

I fly GA and I like a view left at 45 deg and left 90 and left 135 and then be able to assign these views to the buttons on top of my joystick like I did with chase plane. 

then I have my right hand on my throttle And my left hand on my joystick and I can easily look for shooting a pattern. 

Edited by briansommers
The words

Ciao!

On 8/26/2020 at 3:25 PM, sidfadc said:

you can set custom cockpit cameras in the controls, I NEVER pull up the camera app.

To set a view my binds are ctrl + 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This gives me 9 views in the cockpit for example

So after I sort my Pilot view with ctrl + 1, including height/zoom etc.  I just hit num pad 1 to flick to that view and it will always go back to the default zoom I setup.  Rinse and repeat for another 8 views and I use num 1 - 9 to flick to views quickly.  This is how I setup XPlane views and works a treat.

im assuming I can assign these or any views to my joystick buttons?

Edited by briansommers
The words

Ciao!

21 hours ago, briansommers said:

im assuming I can assign these or any views to my joystick buttons?

Yes just the same as you would a key but make you choose the right device in the controls

Edited by sidfadc
  • Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire