Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
hangar

Default Zoom Level

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hangar said:

Hehe, just checked and there is NO binding I can find that will enable a custom zoom level, so I'll assume that he's mistaken or not understanding what we've been talking about in the thread.

OK, try this..

1. Assign a button or key to "Reset Cockpit View"

2. In Options / General / Cameras / Cockpit, set Height and Zoom to your preferred setting.

I use 70 and 55.. but maybe you want 62 for Zoom.

3. Save and push the "Reset Cockpit View" button / key.. 😉

 


Bert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK, try this..

1. Assign a button or key to "Reset Cockpit View"

2. In Options / General / Cameras / Cockpit, set Height and Zoom to your preferred setting.

I use 70 and 55.. but maybe you want 62 for Zoom.

3. Save and push the "Reset Cockpit View" button / key.. 😉

 

Hi...not what Im looking for.

Im interested in a command that will reset zoom ONLY. Already knew about the reset cockpit view command which I use sometimes, but it changes your view ALONG with the zoom level and that's what Im trying to avoid (don't want the view reset, only the zoom).

Thus far, I am not aware of any bind-able command which resets ONLY zoom to a custom setting (such as that set in the menu you mentioned or anywhere).

I apologize if I failed to make it clear earlier.

Also, since the command doesn't seem to exist...even a toggle command to LOCK the zoom (at my preferred setting) so it can't be changed, would be ok too.

Edited by hangar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sidfadc said:

No idea, I removed all camera settings from default and set my own.....similar to xplane for muscle memory purposes

You didn't actually remove them, you just created a new profile, there still under the default profile. 


John Snyder Jr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In your control setting you can bint 2 keys for your cp zoom function.

I combind the mous4 button to the mous scroll weel to zoom in or out.

Now I have to hit the mouse 4 button and croll the weel at the same time to zoom in or out.

It s a hell of a job to hit the 2 buttons on the same time, but doable

-2021-mar-19-005_2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2020 at 6:35 PM, hangar said:

Hi...not what Im looking for.

Im interested in a command that will reset zoom ONLY. Already knew about the reset cockpit view command which I use sometimes, but it changes your view ALONG with the zoom level and that's what Im trying to avoid (don't want the view reset, only the zoom).

Thus far, I am not aware of any bind-able command which resets ONLY zoom to a custom setting (such as that set in the menu you mentioned or anywhere).

I apologize if I failed to make it clear earlier.

Also, since the command doesn't seem to exist...even a toggle command to LOCK the zoom (at my preferred setting) so it can't be changed, would be ok too.

This really bugs me. Also, When I set up custom views the zoom also changes. I would love a fix or solution for this weird behavior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)


 

I’m assuming that I can set custom camera views to my joystick buttons?

I fly GA and I like a view left at 45 deg and left 90 and left 135 and then be able to assign these views to the buttons on top of my joystick like I did with chase plane. 
 

then I have my right hand on my throttle And my left hand on my joystick and I can easily look for shooting a pattern. 

Edited by briansommers
The words

Ciao!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/26/2020 at 3:25 PM, sidfadc said:

you can set custom cockpit cameras in the controls, I NEVER pull up the camera app.

To set a view my binds are ctrl + 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This gives me 9 views in the cockpit for example

So after I sort my Pilot view with ctrl + 1, including height/zoom etc.  I just hit num pad 1 to flick to that view and it will always go back to the default zoom I setup.  Rinse and repeat for another 8 views and I use num 1 - 9 to flick to views quickly.  This is how I setup XPlane views and works a treat.

 


im assuming I can assign these or any views to my joystick buttons?

Edited by briansommers
The words

Ciao!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, briansommers said:


im assuming I can assign these or any views to my joystick buttons?

Yes just the same as you would a key but make you choose the right device in the controls

Edited by sidfadc
  • Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    48%
    $12,200.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...