Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Library Staff needs your help

Hello,

Can you please visit this post. It will greatly assist us in moving forward with the file library system.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

It’s a poll to assist in streamlining the library file system and remove unused file categories based on current simulator usage by the membership.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

On 8/27/2020 at 8:53 AM, Brian_A_Neuman said:

It’s a poll to assist in streamlining the library file system and remove unused file categories based on current simulator usage by the membership.

Are there xplane things in there and can we add them?

AutoATC Developer

13 hours ago, mSparks said:

Are there xplane things in there and can we add them?

We do have a X-Plane library. It is significantly smaller than some other sims as authors do not tend to use us as much for X-Plane files. But it is available for uploading and downloading as long as the guidelines are followed.

• Like 1

Brian A. Neuman

21 hours ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

We do have a X-Plane library. It is significantly smaller than some other sims as authors do not tend to use us as much for X-Plane files. But it is available for uploading and downloading as long as the guidelines are followed.

is there a way to link to the list of them? I have a couple of my own as well as links great to gpl stuff which I would assume (without having read them yet) are compliant with those guidelines if they aren't on there already.

AutoATC Developer

23 hours ago, mSparks said:

is there a way to link to the list of them? I have a couple of my own as well as links great to gpl stuff which I would assume (without having read them yet) are compliant with those guidelines if they aren't on there already.

I cant get you a list but you can review the files in each category by going to that section.

Brian A. Neuman

4 hours ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

I cant get you a list but you can review the files in each category by going to that section.

That would be a recommendation then on top of removing/archiving unused files then if you are giving it an overhaul

There isnt any good url (org included) for linking current/good plugins/aircraft for xplane. Especially by OS support. Lots are windows only which doesnt help the ~40% of us xplane users that escaped the nightmare that is ms windows.

Even an independant place for payware reviews and links would be absolutely fabulous as well.

Something like

https://appdb.winehq.org/

for 3rd party flight sim addons would be my fav website.

AutoATC Developer