Sign in to follow this  
maxrott

CH Eclipse Yoke & Pro Pedals Control Issues

Hi All - I'm having issues getting my CH Yoke and Pedals to work with FS2020.

The devices show up in FS fine and I can map controls as expected. It doesn't have automatic mapping but that's not a big issue.

When testing sensitivity it appears fine on the curve, however in game movements on the yoke do not translate to flight controls. I have to pull all the way back or forward to recognize input and when it does it throws to to the axis extreme and stays there even when the yoke goes back to neutral 

In short, inputs do not respond and as a result it's unflyable. 

I created a youtube video demonstrating this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

• Like 1

Hi! I had the same yoke and it was getting buggy sort of like what you are showing, although not as bad. It mainly had an annoying weird area that came into play just as I was trying to smoothly flare during landing. Ended up jerking all over the place. I finally said F it and bought a Honeycomb. WOW!!! What a difference!! If you can possibly afford it, go for it!!

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Well documented in your video. Thanks for that.

I have the exact same issue - I can confirm it is not a hardware issue as the yoke still works fine with FSX.

I have tried to reduce the sensitivity to make the curve less steep at the beginning, have tried increasing the dead zone  - but still got the same results.

Also have tried on multiple aircraft - but same results.

Hoping for the best - would rather not have to get another yoke.

Paul

Thanks for the replies.

I did look at the Honeycomb but it's sold out everywhere and the issue is the same with my CH Pedals so I would ideally not need to replace my whole setup.

Everything works fine outside FS2020, same experience as Paul here. Definately a software issue.

I've tried with and without CH Device Manager, makes no difference. 

I've tried adjusting sensitivity in FS2020 as well as using external tools, again doesn't help.

What's odd is I hear that people with the same setup are running fine so it makes me wonder if there is something in our setups that creates a perfect storm - details on my setup are below:

• AMD Ryzen 3600X 
  • Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700XT
  • Asus TUF X570
  • 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3600
  • External USB Sound card in addition to onboard audio
  • CH Yoke, Pedals and throttle running off a powered USB hub & active powered 20ft USB extension 
  • 3 Keyboards
  • 2 Mice

I have tried disconnecting devices but that doesn't seem to help.

You could try uninstalling your USB Root Hub(s), forcing Win10 to reinstall on restart, re-set your USB drivers and reacquire all your USB devices etc.  This eliminated repeated freezes occurring whenever my Eclipse Yoke was plugged into my machine. The other thing to definitely try is not run your devices on a powered hub ... this definitely causes problems with some peripherals but this may not be an option for you.

While my CH issue was not as dramatic as the OP, it was very erratic and hard to set up. My fix was to go to Windows Start menu, Settings, type in "joy" in the search window which brought up the USB game Controllers. You should see your CH devices listed. Highlight the one of interest, select Properties, and then next window select Settings and Reset to default. Then back out and go to  your MSFS Control and attempt your adjustments.

Once I did the above I had control adjustment success with both CH Eclipse and CH pro pedals.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

EXACT same problem here.  Tried everything even uninstalling a game controller driver  that I thought may have been in conflict.  Nope. Same issue.  Hoping for a fix soon....

Quick update.

I went as far as to hook my CH setup up to a new computer - Intel\Nvidia rig as opposed to my AMD\Radeon setup.

I plugged the devices directly into the machine to bypass the extension and hub.

The same exact issue persists on a fresh install of FS2020.

Hmm thought it was me - my saitek yoke will be here Wednesday - sell my ch eclipse adios

Rich Sennett

I don't remember exactly, but I have seen something like "x+" or "x-" when assigning an axis. Make sure you assigned proper version of the axis, without + or - signs. 

Make sure you not assigned the same axes to several controllers (there might be some default assignments if you have additional joystick or throttle). 

An alternative to consider: use FSUIPC 7 - unbing the axes in the sim and use FSUIPC assignments instead. Anyway - FSUIPC provides much better calibration options vs the original calibration in the sim. 

I don't know about CH yoke but my CH pedals and CH fighterstick both work perfect in FS2020. Ditto for a CH Pro throttle and 2 CH quadrants (they all work fine, even if I hook all 5 CH controllers up together with my main 3 other controllers (Warthog stick and throttle, and DA trim panel). If I hook them all up at once, they all work fine.

Except very rarely when the game can't see an single axis or a single controller, but can see all the others (rebooting windows cures that). But when the fault happens Options/Controls sees the controller or axis and their calibration gui reacts just fine but in game it is squirrely or dead, a lot like the OP reported.

This is a bug in FS2020, widely reported, and in my case only intermittent and very rare.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have tried various mappings and seem to have found my way around it, the only issue I have is the Aileron trim nose up and down.

Using the roller there are 3 numbered buttons, 15,16,17, but when in the plane all though you can see the trim wheel very slightly moving, it does not work.

When I map it to other buttons like 4 & 5 it works fine.

Does anyone else find the trim wheel not working?.

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.

28 minutes ago, Langyboy63 said:

I have tried various mappings and seem to have found my way around it, the only issue I have is the Aileron trim nose up and down.

Using the roller there are 3 numbered buttons, 15,16,17, but when in the plane all though you can see the trim wheel very slightly moving, it does not work.

When I map it to other buttons like 4 & 5 it works fine.

Does anyone else find the trim wheel not working?.

Yes, the trim wheel doesn’t work great for me either. It does very small increments exactly as you mention. I haven’t tried the rocker switches yet but I may change until the wheel gets fixed.