Sign in to follow this  
jjn47

Show us your home

I haven't bought MFS yet due to my hand cranked, belt driven antique computer.  However, seeing someone post a screenshot of their house in another post, I thought I'd see if this would generate any interest.

• Like 1

Not that I am against this concept but....I am hesitant to post a fairly accurate picture of generally where I live to the internet at large.  Maybe pictures of our favorite landmark?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Doxing is revealing someone's identity or location online and spamming is basically annoying them.

I think most people are just too lazy to upload a picture.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Now, TOGA-saurus - gen me up on modern lingo (I'm an old guy); what is involved in a dox and spam. . .?

dox

verb
INFORMAL
gerund or present participle: doxing
  1. search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent.

spam
    noun
    1. a tinned meat product made mainly from ham. 🐖

2. irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to a large number of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc.2.
  • Like 2

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Here's a picture of my home. Used to have an ex-Qantas 707-138b parked outside.

myEcHCnc3ogudugTyStSogA0Mu0uMFjHG7FkC-8Vh0JoMXERGR3RxtMgE0-Y-C8oQGaBaHrn6T1Ly1lwOOJrMTB78Mkqk4meLP2nq8sxy7DqEV5In4NZpgEdoBY0MCjFD9MAeOjioYfAq9TEUrCkg4ot0UvDWRy9QFdtzaMFYq41FJGDjQUHgpgHRpWt1vDIV4zsSMHKLxWkKv0sBBTqxvL6CEGzEe9mmqi5ogziS77j0fUArgpJ2Dc97K6FFuvN5RKtMJdJHC9cFWmuDgjWnnext2Nh1dUZJF-BX5VpfWCAhqSHuhczBxowqTfA5ZQiNIrAnZs8XVUsLTIwlCLxgVHnIYDeaYRejPEvfwHbkXx-mLNZELO2e0nVI2tx9kQOKqhjXRz5Etm1GZ2F5jEz8huTEHCP4WX8RywLCToi-D38ZU4PbEsHsx_HQuxU-060fMv7tbld-105tsa7-Y2cV6J-ytVhh_kc51wmQZ9SCZGEZO1yE00wj8duuzIOyulHkAbUE6nPazWWQHUDkI7o-mOrW3v6AzlFDYP877Izcvogk6GUp-Jk43arc57pEUfQR_eNGJdoGQHWyZoL7lhkF-7wGWNtnSp-O3c4BwRuZi5yRIFNr-jodDxpA2VjoIPmAqhUQ9C91l5zIwTXRD5FE2cCXBKVlofPHPOyhOBJuXOYsRRYta2ZimAc5sgzKw=w1723-h969-no?authuser=0

Ok ok, it's John Travolta's house! Now lay of me bruh!

• Like 1

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

The game doesn't depict anything even close to an accurate representation of my house.  Yes, there's a building where my house is, and the right number of buildings on my street, but the color and shape are not even close to accurate. And the streets look terrible if you land in a residential neighborhood. 

Just now, FlyingUnk said:

The game doesn't depict anything even close to an accurate representation of my house.  Yes, there's a building where my house is, and the right number of buildings on my street, but the color and shape are not even close to accurate. And the streets look terrible if you land in a residential neighborhood. 

Well yeah, it's a 'land at an airport simulator' not 'land on your screen simulator'.

They're meant to be seen from above, not from the ground.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Well yeah, it's a 'land at an airport simulator' not 'land on your screen simulator'.

They're meant to be seen from above, not from the ground.

True. It seems like many people expected it to be more accurate. Maybe not expected, but hoped.  Pretty crazy how far they've come! Overall I'm impressed with the graphics and overall realism, other than my house. 😉 

The building nearest the tail of the 182 is supposed to be my house. It doesn't look anything like it, my house is a large Victorian semi built in around 1850, as are most of the other houses in that area.

dtZTxRg.png

Across the road from it, in reality there are no houses at all, it's a hospital car park. There are about ten houses in the row where mine is, after that it is the railway line to Buxton, so all those houses and larger buildings along where that line is, are not there in reality at all, it is all trees, unlike in the sim.

The small park with the path through it you can see at top left is correct, there is indeed a park there, but it is a bit larger in reality has two football fields and they only take up a small part of it, in fact the park is large enough that I've seen two CH-47 Chinooks and an Aerospatiale Puma all land on it at the same time with absolutely loads of room between them all; military and medevac choppers land there sometimes when taking people to the hospital which is across the road from my house.

Street lighting is the wrong colour too, it is mostly the low pressure sodium type lamps in the NW of England, with a characteristic amber/orange monochrome glow.

The large road at bottom right is in fact a small road entrance to the hospital, so that too is oversized. From 1,000 feet up it looks enough like the real place for you to identify where it is supposed to be, so whilst not a stunning lookalike, it is good enough for VFR navigation using major landmarks, but the combination of photorealistic Just Flight UK Terrain and the Evolution Autogen when both put in FSX, looked a lot more like the real place.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Is that blue thing on the road a Cooper, or a Jetsons Car?

At least You can see a house, mine looks like a squashed blob!

Edited by RamonB
  • Like 1

Looks like the awning off a tent.. :wink:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)