Sign in to follow this  
Pevenhull

ATC a bit shy?

EGBW, EGBO and EGBS.

ATC dialog window lets me announce I am taxiing. No clearance response from Tower.

ATC dialog window lets me announce I am taking off for a leave. No clearance response from tower.

EGBJ.

Clearance responses from tower after my announcements.

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Those first 3 airports must be set as uncontrolled.

Yup.  EGBW, EGBO, and EGBS are all uncontrolled (no tower).  EGBJ has a tower.  Everything working as intended.

• Upvote 1

EGBW is Wellesbourne Mountford. They have a tower in Real Life.

EGBO is Wolverhampton/Halfpenny Green. They have a tower in RL.

EGBS is Shobden. They have a tower in RL

Is there any way to correct this?

I thought it was because they really hate me. 😆

Would it be a ticket in Zendesk?

I'll mention the long grass at EGBI and EGEU.

I'll mention Alscot Park and Woods Farm.

Edited by Pevenhull

3 hours ago, Pevenhull said:

Having a tower building in real life does not mean it is a controlled airport. For example, have a look at EGBW information on SkyVector:

https://skyvector.com/airport/EGBW/Wellesbourne-Mountford-Airport

It has just one frequency and that is 124.02. The same for your other two airports.

On uncontrolled airports, there is no ATC directing you. Instead, pilots anounce their positions and intentions on the radio to inform other pilots.

Some uncontrolled airports may have a person sitting in a building giving information to pilots, or even advice (in Germany that is very common), but no orders like ATC would do. It is all your responsibility. So if nobody answers to your messages,  that is normal.

So no, these three airports not having a tower frequency is NOT a bug.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

EGNF Netherthorpe is just like Mario said, it has a small tower and a published frequency for "Netherthorpe Radio" manned by a radio operator who doesn't control or issue any instructions; it is known as A/G (Air/Ground) service and they pass on information from pilot reports and observations. As MFS doesn't simulate A/G I would expect the field to be considered uncontrolled (because it is), and indeed IRL it doesn't even have a radio operator for some hours of its operation.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

5 hours ago, Pevenhull said:

EGBW, EGBO and EFBS are all AFIS (Aerodrome Flight Information Service) such as "WELLESBOURNE INFORMATION". This is a step above the A/G service discussed in my previous post, but it is still considered uncontrolled, although the FISOs do issue instructions for ground movements. Once you're past the runway holding point it's all on the pilots again but FISOs do generally provide information on traffic. Again I expect MFS would handle this as fully uncontrolled, which isn't unreasonable, or it could be modelled as a ground controller, then no further ATC.

There's a map of UK AFIS fields at http://ifisa.info/united-kingdom/

15 hours ago, Pevenhull said:

EGBJ.Clearance responses from tower after my announcements.

That's as it should be (note that you do not announce to a tower, you request) because Gloucester has full ATC weekdays provided by "Gloucester Tower" and "Gloucester Approach". Note the airspace is Class G uncontrolled, much like Humberside.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

They’re not too shy to tell just about every commercial flight in the world lucky enough to be flying at the moment that they’re 20,000 ft above their assigned altitude.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea