Sign in to follow this  
MACLGB

GoFlight MCP Pro R36 and R39 Resistor Values

Hi, This is my first time posting to this forum.  I hope I have posted to the correct section. 

I have just bought a GoFlight MCP Pro and it is faulty.  No response from GoFlight at all, in fact I think they are going out of business and my supplier can only refund me as there is no more in stock anywhere in the world it would seem!

Anyway the problem is that the N1 and Speed LEDs don't work and the reason they don't work is because the resistors R36 and R39 are missing!  I know they should be there because I can see them in one of GoFlight's production line pictures on their website.  Does anyone know what the value of these resistors are?  Maybe one of you guys out there have a GoFlight MCP panel open and could have a quick look for me?  That would be a great help if you can. 

The build quality of the latest Go Flight MCPs is absolutely shocking and I have had to return 2 already and I am on my third, but I think I probably have the last new one in the world.  I must have been mad spending £500 on this but there are no other options for that price that I know of.  If I can just fix this issue myself then I will consider myself lucky.  And yes I know if I fix it myself the warranty will be void, but I am not sure that GoFlight are actually in business anymore.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Mark

Hi Mark,, As nobody seems to be bothered answering your question, I will. 

The resistor value for R36 & R39 are both the same, ie 220 Ohms plus/minus five %. For your information, the band colours are Red-Red-Brown-Gold. I hope this helps in your quest to finally get an MCPPRO that works as it should. 

I recently changed out the VSI rotary switch, because the original never work properly. It wasn't an easy job to say the least.

Cheers

Edited by Freo
Corrected to 5% value

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Hello Freo,

Thank you so much for replying to my question.  As Go Flight are so unresponsive it is great to know that the AVSIM community is there to help out.  I was really at a dead end with this.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help and the detail you have gone into.  I am most grateful.

I too had a problem with the VSI rotary, on mine it was mounted badly and rubbing on the chassis so I had to unsolder it to reposition it.  I agree with you it was not an easy job!

Again many thanks for you help, you have made my day!

Kind regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Glad to be of help, and I hope you get the MCPPRO fully working. I am still wondering how it passed their quality assessor at the factory, if indeed they even have one,

Cheers

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue,