Sign in to follow this  
flyinion

What airport is in the loading screen?

Trying to figure out what airport is in the loading screen.   The one where the TBM is aiming from left to right flying at you, and the airport is below about left center of the screen.  I thought it was KSFO for a minute because it's on the water with hills on the other side, but KSFO has dual perpendicular runways and the loading screen one looks to only have 3 runways.  

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Thinks it's yssy sydney

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

16 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

Thinks it's yssy sydney

Don't think so, I looked that up and it looks way different.  Even put Google Maps in 3D view and flipped it around and it doesn't match up at all.  Too many runways and they don't cross the same way.  This is the one I'm talking about, I might have have been descriptive enough about which splash screen I was talking about since there are quite a few

SN5JVE7.jpg

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

It's definitely KSFO

• Like 4

HAPPY FLYING
~G "Heavy1216" Edge

Intel Core i9 10850k 5.0ghz, GeFore RTX 3080 , ASUSTek Prime Z490-V, 32GB DDR4 3600

4 minutes ago, heavy1216 said:

It's definitely KSFO

Really?  After a second look I do see it was the angle of the shot and you actually can see two runways crossing, but the terrain and the more "suburban" look didn't seem right.  Guess I need to go fly down there and take a look then, it's been a while.  Too much of a while  I guess if I forgot what it looked like lol.

Hmmmm was sure it was yssy, my bad

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Nope, it is KSFO. Look closer and you will see the parallel runways.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

LOL.  Any aviation buff would know off the bat.  KSFO.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

1 minute ago, raymar said:

Nope, it is KSFO. Look closer and you will see the parallel runways.

It's a great pic

Wayne such

I think KSFO, and isn't it a hand crafted in the Premium Deluxe. Coincidence, I don't think so Tim, Home Improvement TV show 🙂 I want that pretty airport in the loading screen, Buy the Premium Deluxe!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

That was the loading screen throughout the Alpha/Beta period. Actually it has been touched up a little.  For several months there was a small bridge in the picture that looked a lot like a miniature Golden Gate Bridge. That error was cleaned up for this release version.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

1 hour ago, DMullert said:

LOL.  Any aviation buff would know off the bat.  KSFO.

I really thought it was at first glance, but started second guessing myself when I thought it was only a single rwy crossing the two.  Because of the angle of the pic those two rwy's are really thin and I thought they were the border for a single one and the terrain on the right side didn't seem right to me.  I went and took a look in the sim though and yeah it sure is 🙂 Thanks everyone.

KSFO view from the opposite end. Might make it clearer that it's the same. Or the 42 second mark in this video. Or this photo.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

3 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

Sydney’s parallel runways are much further apart, and offset from each other, meaning the threshold of one of the runways is at the halfway point of the other one.  They are also separated by a bay of water.

Also, the control tower in Sydney is in between the two runways and south of the single runway.  😉

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

4 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

Definitely not YSSY, Botany Bay doesn't have a mountain range near it, other than the Blue Mountains 70km west.

steve southey