Sign in to follow this  
namelessmonster

Good Internet & Graphics Card but Horrible Autogen

For whatever reason, I found I only have these issues when flying during the daytime. At night or just right after daylight, the buildings look super crisp instead of looking like they’re made out of clay. Even if I’m mid flight and I start with it being night time...no problems at all, and when I change the time of day to mid day all the buildings are re-loading back in into clay models. I have no idea what to do. I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing, resetting all the settings back to default. Any help to figure this out is much appreciated 

Keep everything on Ultra but move those two render sliders back from 200 to 100. With those settings even my little old GTX980Ti manages perfectly adequately.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

On 8/28/2020 at 1:14 AM, RaptyrOne said:

Keep everything on Ultra but move those two render sliders back from 200 to 100. With those settings even my little old GTX980Ti manages perfectly adequately.

It is fine in other big cities. The only location I have an issue is the KSFO airport. 

Try flying around KSFO and see if you have issues such as the first screenshot at the beginning of this thread

Around KSFO the Photogrammetry has some terrible parts with molten buildings and giant solid loading cranes. Just try that area with normal autogen (turn Photogrammetry off, its under the Data options). I think it looks much better with ‘normal’ autogen.

The strange thing is that I see no framerate differences switching between all data off, only Photogrammetry off, all data on. I expected to win at last some frame rates with just the basic textures. Kind of hoped to use that to get complex aircraft to run more smoothly.  

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

I have the same issue, no matter what 

RTX 2080 Ti, I7 9700K@5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4, 4K, 1 Gbps internet

It doesent occur always, but only on certain locations

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Hi, guys, same problem here flying over mexico with 2080 Super and 10700K in Ultra, buildings look like they glow or flicker.

Regards. 

Check the game is set to the monitor size, I run on an HD tv and for some reason it set to something like  1080 by 900 instead of the actual figure of  1920 x 1080 and it looked awful, jaggies flashing buildings etc...