Sign in to follow this  
stinger2k2

Max number of peripherals ?

Is there a maximum number of peripherals because msfs is only seeing 12 of my 13?

I have a home cockpit with 8 Bodnar cards, 1 throttle, 1 yoke, rudder pedals, keyboard and mouse.

Msfs is only seeing 7 of the 8 Bodnar cards. If i unplug one and plug in the missing one instead

It sees it ok then.

Windows is seeing all of them but not msfs.

Cheers

Stinger

1 hour ago, stinger2k2 said:

Is there a maximum number of peripherals because msfs is only seeing 12 of my 13?

I have a home cockpit with 8 Bodnar cards, 1 throttle, 1 yoke, rudder pedals, keyboard and mouse.

Msfs is only seeing 7 of the 8 Bodnar cards. If i unplug one and plug in the missing one instead

It sees it ok then.

Windows is seeing all of them but not msfs.

Cheers

Stinger

thats a bit ridiculous isnt it

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

6 minutes ago, stinger2k2 said:

Its the nature of home cockpits 😊

Indeed, it is a concern if there's a limit. I too have eight Bodnar boards as well as my four basic HIDS (yoke, throttle quad, rudder, trim wheel).

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

2 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

thats a bit ridiculous isnt it

I suppose it is when you consider that each Bodnar board has 32 switch/button outputs ! 🤪

Don't think it's ridiculous at all, I've got four Bodnar cards and seven GoFlight modules myself.

Following

RE Thomason Jr.

9 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Don't think it's ridiculous at all, I've got four Bodnar cards and seven GoFlight modules myself.

Following

I meant ridiculous if it has a limit of 8

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

10 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

I meant ridiculous if it has a limit of 8

Aghh...agree!

RE Thomason Jr.

Stinger. Do your Bodnar Boards have their own unique name? Or are they still seen in Windows as 0836A/X BBI32 etc.

7 hours ago, Tinribs said:

Stinger. Do your Bodnar Boards have their own unique name? Or are they still seen in Windows as 0836A/X BBI32 etc.

They all showed up in MSFS as "Button Box Interface" with no way of differentiating between them. I contacted Leo who pointed me to a piece of software on their website that allows you to put a number to them. So now they are listed in the sim as "Button box interface 1" etc. Makes it a whole lot easier when assigning events. Windows sees them too.

Edited by stinger2k2
Extra info.

OK. Understood.

If you wanted to give them unique names, you have to let Leo know what they are when you order them, and he will do that for you - for a price!

I am going the VR route so I don't use physical switches anymore. The most Bodnar boards I have used is about 5. Certainly not more than 12, but I do appreciate why some complicated cockpits need this requirement.

If MF20 does not see more than 12 controllers, but Windows does. The only solution I can think of is to give every button and (toggle) switch their own keybind. Then use something like HIDMacro, or even SPAD.neXt to assign them to each connection on the board. Unfortunately, HIDMacros is available, but not supported anymore. Some of its functionality is limited. But it does allow you to give a switch an independent on/off state.

Although SPAD.neXt was originally created to talk to the Saitek peripherals, it recognises all the Bodnar Boards. But I don't know if there is a limit to how many it can recognise? You can also give your boards a more meaningful name within the SPAD.neXt software.

When VAIO released the Hawk for DCS, I created a cockpit loosely based on what the Hawk had. I used 5 various 0836A/X and BBI32 to build this. VAIO went bust, so I knocked up some different labels, and used the hawk cockpit as a generic "Star Citizen Anvil/Crusader/RSI/Aegis ......" cockpit instead. I even cannabalised an old Saitek Yoke, put a 0836X in there and gave myself some additional switches. This was used to drive the Star Citizen ground vehicles in the game.

Have you considered VR? It has come a long way from the 1st gen. Certainly less problematic when you suddently get a connection problem and you spend a week trying to track it down through your miles of wiring!

Edited by Tinribs
Took a suspect sweary word out

You need something like the old CH Manager Software.

I think this was capable of combining 3 separate inputs (JS, Throttle, Pedals) in to one. I don't know if there is anything out there that can do this?

Whether or not it would be capable of combining over 12 Bodnar Boards would be another problem!

I have another option if i get desperate. Currently all 8 of my Bodnar boarrds are BBI32's (32 buttons). I could combine two of them into a BBI64 but as I understand it FSUIPC only sees 32 buttons on each joystick interface, although there is a workaround for that problem i believe.

Never easy this cockpit building!

• Like 1