Sign in to follow this  
Kenjiro75

Question to TrackIR users

3 hours ago, Marco Manieri said:

I never had this, although it has been mentioned by others. My pause key is F9 (as per default profile in TrackIr software).

Could it be that the key bound in trackir to pause is also bound to something else in MSFS?

I have pause bound to Button 1 on my Honeycomb yoke. I thought I had disabled the default binding,which is "Toggle Smart Camera". However, I now find that it's been re-enabled, and I can't find any way to disable it permanently (and I''ve had the same problem with a few other default bindings). It looks as if I'll have to choose some other button. Thanks for you help anyway.

Edit: I tried using unassigned buttons on the yoke for the TIR Pause, and I also tried using a keyboard assignment. In both cases the view reset to straight ahead after 6 seconds. So if you are not seeing this, I think there must be some setting that you are using that the victims of this problem are not using (or vice versa).

Edited by Muklum
Added information
  • Upvote 1

Same problem with pause. I have it set to the button behind the hat switch on the T.1600M. Highly annoying.

Started with the Seth profile and changed the initial movement to my liking. I'm a leftie so use the keypad's / * and - for pause, precision and center.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

HI, I'm finding trackir works well in MSFS2020. One question.... In P3D when I laid my headset on the desktop (to get up etc) it would reset the camera to the cockpit view. Anyone know if you can do that in MSFS?

I made my own profile as otherwise you just getting use to someone else idea of how it should feel.

The key for my taste is I hated the dead zone, I want to do little movements and the dead zone is just terrible and kills all small movement as you have to "force" your way out of the dead zone before you have control.

The way to do this and the first thing I do to all the axis's is move the middle ball up, clear of the bottom line. Then you have no dead areas. This imo brings TrackIR to life. 

Also you need to work on each axis to find what works for you and your taste, I find I need the curve on pitch for look up and down need to be different but it's all down to your taste.

Smooth at max speed 1.1.

Pause and re center both set to HOTAS buttons.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip