Sign in to follow this  
Guest oyvindhansen

Quotes anyone!!!!

Guest Edam

>And then there are some that will quote something that someone>else said, but do a bit of tinkering with the quoted statement>to make it appear that the person they are quoting said, or>implied something that they really didn't. Kind of like>dubbing a word or phrase into a recording of someone, making>it appear that someone said something they really didn't.....>>Kinda like you did with my original statement when you placed>the ;( smiliey in it when you quoted me.... :)Incorrect. This forum's software picked up the symbol for that particular "smiley" from the part that I quoted. I changed nothing. I didn't preview the message, so I didn't see it. Try it yourself.Why would I be stupid enough to change something when the original is still there? I'm now going to turn that idiotic smilie option off so that doesn't happen again. I don't use smilies.

Guest Edam

This thread was moved from the most viewed forum. How typically anal of what occurs here. It contained information that some newbies ought to learn. Was that you, Johnny?

"This thread was moved from the most viewed forum. How typically anal of what occurs here. It contained information that some newbies ought to learn. Was that you, Johnny?"Edam,One more remark like this, and you will get booted from the forums. PM me what you like, but you will be held accountable for your public posts. -John

Guest enave

As sort of a similar issue, I always find it amusing when someone posts a beautiful screenshot along with a message like, "boy this sure is a great airplane to fly" and I'm thinking, "thanks for the info. mind telling us what it is and where you got it?" lol. It seems like it might be a good idea to say, "Eaglesoft SR-22 near KRNT with UT2.0 scenery" or something like that.But then, I'm a little obsessive compulsive so maybe I'm the only one who thinks that way.

Guest Ken_Salter

Note to everyone:If you have a question or comment about an action a moderator takes (myself included), please PM or email the moderator and/or myself. I would suggest a civil tone in the PM or email.We welcome constructive criticism. It is one of the ways in which we learn how to moderate. We moderate, voluntarily, as a service to all members of AVSIM.com to foster a community atmosphere and exchange of ideas and support.Questioning/berating/insulting of moderators publically on the forums will not be tolerated and will result in severe action.

Guest oyvindhansen

>I didn't>want to have to change the way I viewed the forum. I hate>threaded mode, and if you use the quote when you are replying>to someone, there is absolutely no need to "have to" use the>threaded mode in order to follow a discussion. >So everybody else have to change their habits to suit your needs?-