Sign in to follow this  
Huascar

MSFS 2020 will crush your high end computer

Same here, 10 year old i7 2600k with 16GB DDR3 and a GTX960 with 4GB of video RAM, FS installed on 1TB SSD.

Have the sim running at 1080 res, on global 'high' settings with trees at medium, render scale at 90 and fps locked at 30.

In less dense areas, it is smooth as butter even with multiple layers of scattered clouds. Even in urban areas like Vancouver, which is photogrammetry, I get acceptable performance (don't have an fps counter, but find it smooth enough). 

The visual quality I get is astonishing, hardly any autogen popping and beautiful lighting (except too dark when cloudy midday).

Overall, performance is beyond my wildest dreams with this sim and I am super impressed.

• Like 1

Here is what I found when trying to optimize the game on an old 486, your best bet is as below:

Smashed-computer.jpg

• Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I bought a Dell G5 desktop PC for this game, Intel Core i7-9700, and 1660-TI graphics card, so by no means highest spec but works perfectly with great FPS on my 1080p monitor, and very good with good FPS on my 4K tv. Not had any issues at all, was expecting it to be a lot worse

No AM 4 cores HT OFF.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Looks great, G-RFRY!!

Mind if I ask what you're using for your screen recording? 

Kris Hague
simmer since SubLogic days...

4 hours ago, Huascar said:

No question that playing MSFS on ultra settings on a 4K display will melt your gaming rig. Even the upcoming GTX 3090 could face a serious challenge in a matchup with MSFS.  

I guess we have to settle for lower resolutions and medium graphics settings until new and better hardware technology is developed. The game is still very enjoyable on 1080p, though things could get more complicated with the introduction of more complex aircraft. Think PMDG 777 or FSLab on final approach in New York City. 

Not true. Yesterday I flew some VFR (Pipistrel Virus) and IFR (A320Neo) with settings to Ultra on 4K (55" TV) and get from 60 to minimum about 25fps, which was still usable. My computer with Ryzen 5 3600 (OC 4,2GHz all-core), 32GB RAM 3330MHz, RTX 2070S (OC 2050MHz GPU, 1550MHz VRAM) was ok. 

Its true - just like every other Flight Simulator release.  What's the question?

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, ludekbrno said:

Not true. Yesterday I flew some VFR (Pipistrel Virus) and IFR (A320Neo) with settings to Ultra on 4K (55" TV) and get from 60 to minimum about 25fps, which was still usable. My computer with Ryzen 5 3600 (OC 4,2GHz all-core), 32GB RAM 3330MHz, RTX 2070S (OC 2050MHz GPU, 1550MHz VRAM) was ok. 

Not to be controversial but those who claim to get 60fps on ultra high settings, on a 4K display, and with a marginal system - they never post videos. 

Now, I would love to see those 60 FPS in NYC, on final approach, with a complex aircraft, 4K and everything on max. It ain’t happening. Your system does not/not have super natural powers. I’ve been in FS for many years, not true.

Add in the AI air traffic with the slider maxed out in an area with many airports, I bet that will bring most PC's to a crawl, as I noticed it really affects my own FPS very negatively.

4 minutes ago, willzah said:

Add in the AI air traffic with the slider maxed out in an area with many airports, I bet that will bring most PC's to a crawl, as I noticed it really affects my own FPS very negatively.

I have been reading these kind of posts for years - low specs gaming PCs, running the sim on4K, in a major population center, maxed out graphics and still get over 60 FPS. Yet, they’ll never show you a video. 

I noticed in FSX / P3D that the ground traffic and prop rotation became smoother when I enabled HyperThreading and ran unlimited FPS.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

2 hours ago, khague3 said:

Looks great, G-RFRY!!

Mind if I ask what you're using for your screen recording? 

Nvidia recorder nothing special as is in sim Alt+F9. as you can see 4K ULTRA HD with real weather and AI active. 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

1 hour ago, Huascar said:

Not to be controversial but those who claim to get 60fps on ultra high settings, on a 4K display, and with a marginal system - they never post videos. 

Now, I would love to see those 60 FPS in NYC, on final approach, with a complex aircraft, 4K and everything on max. It ain’t happening. Your system does not/not have super natural powers. I’ve been in FS for many years, not true.

Screenshot (397)

EGLL full traffic in 4K ULTRA it will eat your PC.

Raymond Fry.

3 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

EGLL full traffic in 4K ULTRA it will eat your PC.

I agree. Your PC won’t have a chance. Maxed out graphics with a cheap graphics card and running 4K - give me a break.