Sign in to follow this  
Spike1950

Update ... how are we to download it????

Good morning from Colorado:

Like the rest of you, I was expecting to see an update today when I started MSFS 2020.  The "Checking for Updates" screen did come on, then the program settled on the main screen (where we choose flights, or other tabs).  That said... I searched further and went to the "Contact Manager" screen.  The first entry at the top showed this:  "Core Content... Mandatory Package... by Asobo Studio...Relaunch the game to update ... 79.80 GIB."    There was nothing to click on in this section or on that screen to relaunch the game.   So I went back to the main menu and clicked return to the desktop, which turns off the program.   Next, I started up MSFS 2020 again (which is essentially "relaunching" it).    What ended up happening is exactly what I've stated above.  (back to the same verbiage in the Contact Manager.)   I relaunched it one more time with the same result.

I found myself in this loop with no obvious way to download this update?   Did I do something wrong?  Should the update automatically have started the first time I relaunched it?

Confused.😕

Mike

Edited by Spike1950
misspelling

Have responded to this so many times in other places , in short no official news of an update. Only thing official: Maybe news of when the update is going to come.  

Where did you get the impression that there would be an update today? All they said is they will announce today when the next update will come.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

No Update today! MS said, they will publish a DEV Update today with info on the upcoming patch! However they didnt do a good job with the update display in the Sim.

2 minutes ago, Spike1950 said:

Like the rest of you, I was expecting to see an update today when I started MSFS 2020. 

I wasn't.

Microsoft is located in Redmond, Washington. I've been following the Thursday development updates on the main site for months, and most of the time, those haven't been posted till late afternoon, early evening, EST.  And as is being pointed out, today we should expect only an update on the update, anyway, and that was pointed out in last week's development update.

Edited by hypercide
Addition

SOO much misinformation going around the official forums. Apparently the patch is today and zibo is doing up the A320 Neo like he did the 737 in X-Plane.

I did notice about the update content in the menu. I had to restart the sim to install but it did not go ok and the update did not start to install.  

Edited by Agustin Castro

2 minutes ago, sanh said:

SOO much misinformation going around the official forums. Apparently the patch is today and zibo is doing up the A320 Neo like he did the 737 in X-Plane.

So the official people on the official forum are posting incorrect information?

1 minute ago, sanh said:

Which has absolutely nothing to do with any official update patch.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 minute ago, Agustin Castro said:

I did notice about the update content in the menu. I had to restart the sim to install but it did not go ok and the update did not start to install.  

Because there is no official patch yet. Asobo will only announce sometime today WHEN the official patch will be available!

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just now, DPSimulation said:

So the official people on the official forum are posting incorrect information?

Not the official people. The users. I don't think its intentional but with around 100 topics being created in a minute its easy to misconstrue something. Someone says someone is doing a zibo style mod for the airbus results in someone writing oh zibo is doing the a320 mod wow!

Just now, sanh said:

Not the official people. The users. I don't think its intentional but with around 100 topics being created in a minute its easy to misconstrue something. Someone says someone is doing a zibo style mod for the airbus results in someone writing oh zibo is doing the a320 mod wow!

You said 'apparently the patch is today'. You are taking this from users? The last official response was the one I posted above, I know which one I believe.

SO - WHY does Content Manager keep telling me to relaunch to get the update?  

If there is NO Update - why not remove the Update Message from Content Manager?

I am not at all concerned with the Update schedule or timing!  I am concerned that the Content Manager has been telling me for days that I need to do an update, when in fact there is no update.

• Like 1

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor