Sign in to follow this  
JayDub

Failure to launch .. Very long loading times..CTDs

Purchased Deluxe Premium yesterday from the Microsoft store.  This is not a rant or complaint, just looking for some advise as to which way to go next. I knew my system was maybe hi-mid range, but was very close to the recommended requirements. This is not firing shots at the sim, it looks like a great one, unfortunately I took a chance and it's just not working out for me.

After 4 attempts to open the Simulator this AM. All took 21 minutes plus just to get to the Welcome menu screen. One of those times the menu froze and I had to shut down the program. On the other occasions after selecting any other option such as flight planner or lesson, hit fly button and it attempts to load the scenario. Bar moves slowly then after about 7 to 9 minutes the simulator crashes and says a message will be sent to Microsoft. The only way out is to end task of the FlightSimulator.exe in the task manager. So far only once have I actually gotten into the sim. One time last night I made it into the Cessna 152 takeoff lesson. Got in the air and the sim ran smoothly. I stayed with the default medium settings. That was the end of my flying experience in Microsoft Flight Simulator. I  have a help request into Microsoft for help, but not too confident that a solution will be reached.  Have been using all versions of MS Flight Simulators for 30 years and have never experienced anything quite like this. Also I see no way to uninstall the sim as it is not listed in the control panel under programs and features as is 99 percent of the programs of this complexity. I only see that you can right click on the app and that gives an option to uninstall. Not really confident that that is the way to go for a clean uninstall of the sim. During the installation Three Folders went to the Drive with no Flight Simulator Directory.

Really happy for you guys that have a good install and experience. Looks like I will not be among you. Fortunately I have a very smooth running Install of Prepar3D at max settings with world wide coverage of Orbx Scenery (About 215 GB). Looks like that's the best I can do with this 5 year old system.

So far the only thing that went off flawlessly without a hitch was the collection of my $119.99  LOL

Windows 10 Pro,    i7-4790K running at 4.3GHz,   GTX 970 G1 4GB,   Corsair DDR3 SDRAM 16GB,   Sim was installed on a dedicated 500GB SSD. Ultra fast internet down load speeds at about 850 Mbps.

Any suggestions appreciated,

JayDub