Sign in to follow this  
nicboyGS

A320 Neo Updated Mod

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

Speaking of...I actually haven't even flown the 748 in MSFS yet, but I probably would if it had a paint like that on it. 😉

Thanks.  When PBR 1st came to the Leonardo Maddog, I had to dabble and try to create the most iconic paint in my local area (Dallas).  Very sad not to see them flying over my house anymore 😞

I believe Leonardo has mentioned they are jumping in the MSFS pool....this is one paint I'll try my best to move to the new platform. 😉

Dmosdk.jpg

2 hours ago, cwburnett said:

I know the moderators here don't want to add to the structure, but I'd personally love a subforum just to discuss mods

I think they may be open to it once they see how jumbled one catch-all forum is now that it's a live sim.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Very sad not to see them flying over my house anymore

Tell me about it.

My favorite MD83 flight was ORD-LAX. There were strong headwinds, so we flew the whole route at 28,000'. Those were the days. Loved that planes. Probably spent hundreds of thousands of miles aboard AA MD83s over the years...

And that's probably my most used paint for the Leonardo...

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Is anyone else finding the A320 impossible to fly in terms of performance, studdering, pauses, etc.?  I had to stop a flight because it would freeze and pause when panning around the VC.  I've had success in the prop planes but flying out of San Antonio (which to me should be a pretty safe area in terms of performance) was a joke.   

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 minute ago, cwburnett said:

Tell me about it.

My favorite MD83 flight was ORD-LAX. There were strong headwinds, so we flew the whole route at 28,000'. Those were the days. Loved that planes. Probably spent hundreds of thousands of miles aboard AA MD83s over the years...

And that's probably my most used paint for the Leonardo...

Yeah....ORD was another small hub for AA 🤣  (sorry...have to rib any other AA hub other than the Mother Ship.  Heard that little regional airport in Miami had a few AA flights as well. 😉 )

My last AA MD flight was DFW-TPA...upgraded to 1st.  They were so nice up front....very quiet.  Not like the last row (OMG that was horrible without my Bose noise-cancelling headsets).  The MD-90s Delta flew almost exclusively ATL-DFW-ATL was unnervingly quiet up front...had to wonder if the engines were running when in cruise! 🙂  Have to admit the AirTran MD85s were the best with the RR's (I still refuse to call an MD with Boeing stickers on it a Boeing)

Glad you enjoy the paint.  Was a bear to paint, and PBR was a pretty stiff learning curve, but the results were worth it. 😉

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

33 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Is anyone else finding the A320 impossible to fly in terms of performance, studdering, pauses, etc.?  I had to stop a flight because it would freeze and pause when panning around the VC.  I've had success in the prop planes but flying out of San Antonio (which to me should be a pretty safe area in terms of performance) was a joke.   

Yes, myself and 4 of my flightsim contacts cant fly it.   Its a mess  

one of them is a TRI on the 320 at ezy, and another is an SFO on the 330 at vs  

Both of them will happily agree its a pile of poo    

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

2 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

Yes, myself and 4 of my flightsim contacts cant fly it.   Its a mess  

one of them is a TRI on the 320 at ezy, and another is an SFO on the 330 at vs  

Both of them will happily agree its a pile of poo    

Yeah, hopefully they will address the performance because once 3rd party payware planes become available, I have no idea how that is going to work.  It will be pause after pause after pause just trying to get to an FMC.

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

10 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

No, once you have dropped the A320NX folder into the community folder it works automatically.

Okay, FY,I I've tried the stock and Dev mods but I can't get them to work.

steve southey

Same story as some others - dropping the A320NX folder in the Community directory for my "custom install" doesn't work - liveries, no problem, this mod, not so much - hopefully some further info or steps to take will be forthcoming...

14 minutes ago, flapsdown said:

Same story as some others - dropping the A320NX folder in the Community directory for my "custom install" doesn't work - liveries, no problem, this mod, not so much - hopefully some further info or steps to take will be forthcoming...

Try to remove the livery folder. I heard that there might be problems if there are multiple mods installed for the same plane (conflicts if they share the same resources).

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

33 minutes ago, flapsdown said:

dropping the A320NX folder in the Community directory for my "custom install" doesn't work

What do you mean it doesn't work?

You don't get an extra A320, it's the same one with added functionality.

25 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Try to remove the livery folder. I heard that there might be problems if there are multiple mods installed for the same plane (conflicts if they share the same resources).

I actually didn't add the livery files until after I tried the mod - and btw, don't switch the liveries too many times in hangar - seems to leave memory unreleased and the sim performance gets really ragged...🤔

10 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

What do you mean it doesn't work?

...in detail I lost all my VC label and switch textures and had stupid pilot models in the seats when inside the cockpit - so even trying to look for the new APU and other updated features couldn't even be tried - having a custom location for your Community folder appears to be a hit or miss proposition...

7 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

Sorry to hear it's not working for you. Did you try the stable version?

That was the "stable version" 😁

No worries though, I am a software developer and flight simmer from back in the Sublogic days - so having things be a bit flaky is something I am more than acquainted with...😜

• Like 1

Hi there

First post, be gentle 🙂

I installed MSFS 2020 standard edition in a custom directory (Steam). Works fine. I then installed the mod (dev branch) which appears to work correctly (APU screen shows up). However, there is now a new plane showing up in the list of airplanes. The A320 is still there, but in addition there is a plane labelled "Generic", "Airline Twin Engines united", Cruise Speed 455 KTAS, Max Altitude -Ft, Endurance -Hr, Range - NM".

It's possible to select this model. It will place an airpline on the runway, but with no fuselage and the cockpit is devoid of all instruments.

Other mods that I have installed are the AITrafficAirlinerTwinEngineLiveries, FPS-Fix and Fueltruck.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

razzda