Sign in to follow this  
neil0311

MSFS 2020 or P3D v5

5 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Wow Prepar3d looks the worst in this video rip

Exactly...I almost did not recognize the sim without its "make up" on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, neil0311 said:

I have P3D v4.5 currently, and am curious whether v5 is a better path at this point or would MSFS be a better path. Not looking for any religion here, just observations from those who’ve used both.

When I fly in P3D / XP11...it "looks like" and "feels like" I am flying in a sim...

When I fly in MSFS...it "looks like" and "feels like" I am flying in the real world...

MSFS all day...no religion...but it is a feeling that I just can't shake...

• Like 3

Just use both or all 3 of them. I love having P3D V5 ,XP11 and soon MSFS. They all have there pluses and minuses. Too much much money invested in them to simply get rid of any one of them. No one said you only need one. Stop whining.

:P Timothy Murphy

I think MSFS needs time to mature. Its got some great technologies, looks good scenery wise,  but its still rough around the edges in a number of aspects based on current feedback but again its still brand new.

In the meantime, P3D is well established and many including myself have invested quite a bit of money in add-ons (and peripherals). MSFS is not cheap once you decide/commit that is the sim for you.

For me flying in P3D is good enough since its more procedural sim flying I do where accuracy of the aircraft, its handling characteristics and performance are important versus low flying sightseeing flights. I will probably try it out with the Xbox game pass after a few months.

I am quite happy to sit it out right now and see how the new MSFS and 3rd party addons market develops. I hope MS commits to supporting its new user base with a continual stream of future improvements and new capabilities over a longer period of time.

Happy flying for those that already have  MSFS and enjoy the new experience! 👍

Regards
Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

13 hours ago, DaWu said:

If you want spend money on a dead sim for the short amusement go with P3D. If you want the flightsim base for the next 10 years with visuals that are so far above everything we had before go with fs2020

I can do both, but curious why you think P3D is a “dead sim”

Think the OP really should go to the P3D forums and ask this 😛 ofc I have a sneaking feeling he already knows the answer to this question before he even made this bait post.

In the not to near future this sim will have study level aircraft... so save any money now imo for MSFS goodness to come

Edited by SirDan

8 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

When I fly in P3D / XP11...it "looks like" and "feels like" I am flying in a sim...

When I fly in MSFS...it "looks like" and "feels like" I am flying in the real world...

MSFS all day...no religion...but it is a feeling that I just can't shake...

I’ll find out this weekend. Going to setup MSFS 2020 and see how it does on my system.

One thing I am now spoiled with is 4K video resolution. My monitor is native 4K and I’m not going back to 1080p. So we’ll see how my overclocked 8 core i9-9900K and 11GB RTX2080TI fare with the new sim at 4K. If I have to “dumb it down” then I won’t be using it for a while. 

I have recently invested in P3Dv5 for the reason that I own expensive add-ons, the PMDG 737 & 777, Aerosoft Airbus and the Majestic Q400.  I plan on flying both.  I also plan on getting the Aerosoft CRJ.

18 hours ago, Sticky said:

Airline procedural flying —-> P3D

GA flying and/or amazing visuals —-> MSFS

I don't agree...... you must compare apples with apples. Vanilla fresh install of P3D is far from being a procedural sim. It moves in the procedural direction only with add-on's and study level 3rd party payware aircraft. It has had a lot more time to mature. Once some key bugs are ironed out and we have the likes of PMDG, I don't see MSFS being any less procedural-capable than P3D.

Its great that LM continue to develop P3D though, now in v5, Having choices (and competition) is never a bad thing.... long may both continue to improve and flourish.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

18 hours ago, neil0311 said:

I have P3D v4.5 currently, and am curious whether v5 is a better path at this point or would MSFS be a better path. Not looking for any religion here, just observations from those who’ve used both.

I have a relatively high end machine with a 4K monitor, all about 18 months old.

Wait until P3D v 5.1 drops, then decide.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

18 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

You can take a look at this video: 

Eric 

After some research in the web, P3D V5 and MSFS seem to be the same choice regarding
- stuttering
- crashes
- hardware problems

If you find a real reason, say "a pilot's must have" for P3D V5 or MSFS, please post it.
Until then, I rely on P3D V4.5 HF2 as it run solid and allows me more flying than fiddling 😁
(and all my addons are already paid 🙃)

9 minutes ago, QuaxTheSnoopie said:

After some research in the web, P3D V5 and MSFS seem to be the same choice regarding
- stuttering
- crashes
- hardware problems

If you find a real reason, say "a pilot's must have" for P3D V5 or MSFS, please post it.
Until then, I rely on P3D V4.5 HF2 as it run solid and allows me more flying than fiddling 😁
(and all my addons are already paid 🙃)

If you are a VFR pilot wanting to explore new territory for which say you don't have an ORBX region you might be better off buying MSFS than the P3D addon.

If your flight style is covered by your current set of paid addon on P3D no real reason to forcefully go to MSFS (and, always remember the 1$ game pass option to just give it a shot)

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

59 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Awe...there is the P3D I remember...with its hundreds of $$$ in addon "make up" to get a guy looking its way. Too much trouble for too little in return.

I still prefer the natural beauty of MSFS.

Tell me who in uses 3D autogen  in P3Dv5 i don`t, and i run at 4k with PMDG airliners something i don`t think you will be able to do in MSFS for some time, until the hardware improves.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg