Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

August 27th, 2020 - Development Update

Just now, Andreas Stangenes said:

I take you for a reasonable, rational man by the standard of most of your posts. Your comment about Asobo now shifting entirely to xbox is unsettling. Can you please explain why you made that remark

He didn't get a wind update ! jk 

• Like 2

The issues mentioned in the patch log should have been fixed with a day 1 update. 

If it takes 2 word weeks to fix download issues, God knows how long it'll take Asobo to fix the real issues plaguing the sim 

Flight model, stutters, missing airports, broken mesh... The list goes on 

Seems like FS2020 is truly dead on arrival with little support in the future. 

Edited by maniamcool

No save flight fixes broken as hell reported multiple times on zen desk

• Like 1

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Lol.  Xbox.  Please.  His comments are those of someone who has too much time on their hands.  Of course it will come to Xbox but the whole team is not working on the Xbox version.  I don’t get the pure narrow minded people on these forums.  The sky is falling the sky is falling.  Just enjoy what you have.  I’m sure most on here for the most part have all three games anyway.  I for one am having a blast with msfs.  I am also having some issues with sim connect.  Who cares.  It will be fixed just like all the other issues.  My money is in this platform.  Now off to enjoy my msfs. 

• Like 6

A bit bummed we didn't get either the new Feature Discovery Series episode or the updated Development Roadmap, but at least it's good to see they're focusing on tackling the installation issues before anything else. A thing to consider is that since the updates will be delivered via the content manager, they probably want to ensure that it is fully stable first, and that anyone who wants to download and install the game has done so before pushing out an update that would stress the servers even more.

This entire process is certainly taking longer than what most of us would have liked, but I think everything will fall into place once they deal with this awful client. If they pushed out a major content update that, thanks to the client, would corrupt the simulator and make it unusable, things would get really ugly.

• Like 2

I am beyond infuriated that they did not fix that minor issue that I had one specific time in one specific place and which I told them about by tagging Microsoft in my Facebook post. And this is a full week after release! I want a real Icon A5 as compensation. IMMEDIATELY! Or I will switch to Linux. /s

• Like 15

If they didn’t before, the team now understands how it is to argue with my wife.  Even if I’m right, I’m wrong. 

• Like 2

Chris

3 minutes ago, maniamcool said:

Flight model, stutters, missing airports, broken mesh... The list goes on 

Auto pilot, real world weather. this is just the announcement for a patch next week... Doesn't bode well for the future for sure. Could be October or later before we see substantial updates to the sim if this gives us any glimpse into their cadence. 

• Upvote 1

Tyson Rose

While the bug fixes are nice (simconnect thank goodness!), and understandable the order they're dealing with it, no WX fix for what feels like half the world is beyond frustrating. How is that also not a critical bug? The best I can tell they haven't even acknowledged it, which is double frustrating. 

Sigh. I guess we wait. What else is there to do.

59 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

Seems to be all critical issues and nothing else. Surprised its taking them that long to fix these and address nothing else.

mmmh could it be because it is not so easy? 10 days since release.

Edited by Nedo68
  • Like 3

Wow that was a sad patch, how many is left to patch the game 5 people or so, this is a scandal.

Edited by vgbaron
Removed linked post as excessively long.

51 minutes ago, cepact said:

usually the month of august in France is the month which 80% of employees take their vacations, this may explain why this update is disappointing. Sadly we will have to wait a couple of weeks to get some interesting stuff fixed (weather)

That's a poor excuse, they chose to release in August not us.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

mmmh could it be because it is not so easy? 10 days since release.

I've been playing MMO's for 20 years and they are as complex in many reguards, but somehow they can have a patch for critical bugs within 24 hrs. Such as the unable able to install bug. If they can get one off so quickly I think MS/Asobo can. So tell me another one.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2